Lateral w/in top 10 -- anyone with experience? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
MrSparkle

Bronze

Lateral w/in top 10 -- anyone with experience?

Post by MrSparkle » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:11 pm

I'm thinking of lateraling for personal reasons within the top 10. I'm a little above median. Does anyone have any experience with this?

juzam_djinn

Bronze

Re: Lateral w/in top 10 -- anyone with experience?

Post by juzam_djinn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:26 pm

bump also interested in this

smithgregory223

New

Post by smithgregory223 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 am

Articulate a good reason in your personal statement. It will be less effective if it is a reason you could/SHOULD of foreseen before law school.

This is such a rare scenario that will come down to your personal statement IMO.

Also, there is no such thing as the top 10...

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:41 am

I think it's pretty straightforward in cases with compelling personal reasons and I know people who have done it. Not much to say beyond that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”