Is it worth Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SKlei

New

Is it worth

Post by SKlei » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:11 am

Is it worth it to transfer from a T4 w/ Law Review to a bottom T1/High T2 where it will cost an extra 25-30K all together?

fatduck

Gold

Re: Is it worth...

Post by fatduck » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:12 am

useless without more information: schools, locations, where you want to work, where you have ties, etc.

SKlei

New

Re: Is it worth

Post by SKlei » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:18 am

The school I go to is in a suburb of the city that this school is in. Additionally, I would want to work in this city upon graduating. Also, I would have to commute into this city for class which would be more timely than my current commute.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:20 am

if both schools are in the same city, and it's the city you want to work in, then in all honesty it probably doesn't matter. look at the firms you're interested in and see what schools they tend to hire from, and figure it out from there.

but it's getting pretty late in the game for transferring, isn't it? you should be mass mailing yesterday.

PlessFightsFire

New

Post by PlessFightsFire » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:39 am

i would say no

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:49 am

Tough to offer meaningful advice without knowing the law schools in question. Nevertheless, based on the limited information given by the OP, the best advice is to flip a coin, if you don't like the result, then keep flipping until satisfied. In short, garbage in, garbage out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”