Transfer Swag Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
EnchantedJockstrap

New

Transfer Swag

Post by EnchantedJockstrap » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:01 pm

I've seen a few swag threads but none for transfers.

Soo...did anyone get any cool swag as a transfer? My schools blanked me in the swag category. :cry:

anonymouse2828

New

Re: Transfer Swag

Post by anonymouse2828 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:55 am

I only know that SLS gave out a t-shirt... other than that, transfers are cash cows, and there's no need to give out swag.

Certiorari

New

Post by Certiorari » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:55 am

If a law degree with an Ivy League name on it counts as swag, then yup. :wink:

Haha, but seriously, anonymouse2828 is right, transfers don't usually get too much swag as far as I've ever heard — we're not exactly the ones with the upper hand, so not a lot of need to sweeten the pot by throwing in a bunch of merchandise. Still, I'm not complaining — I'm very happy with my decision and quite thankful for the chance to go where I'm going.

EnchantedJockstrap

New

Post by EnchantedJockstrap » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Certiorari wrote:If a law degree with an Ivy League name on it counts as swag, then yup. :wink:

Haha, but seriously, anonymouse2828 is right, transfers don't usually get too much swag as far as I've ever heard — we're not exactly the ones with the upper hand, so not a lot of need to sweeten the pot by throwing in a bunch of merchandise. Still, I'm not complaining — I'm very happy with my decision and quite thankful for the chance to go where I'm going.
Congratulations on the Ivy!

And I do realize that we are cash cows and I'm fine with that. Just given the fact that I'm giving up my scholarship and going to pay more all around I feel like I should get some swag. It's like if you're going to F me buy me dinner at least.

Dr. Review

Gold

Post by Dr. Review » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:44 pm

EnchantedJockstrap wrote:
And I do realize that we are cash cows and I'm fine with that. Just given the fact that I'm giving up my scholarship and going to pay more all around I feel like I should get some swag. It's like if you're going to F me buy me dinner at least.
Why buy her dinner when she shows up at your apartment naked?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lnllnl

Bronze

Post by lnllnl » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Bedsole wrote:
One method treats her like a whore while making her feel a little classy. The other method just obliterates any self-esteem. Then again, some girls like to feel dirty...

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Came for the swagger, left disappointed

anonymouse2828

New

Post by anonymouse2828 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:46 pm

lnllnl wrote:
Bedsole wrote:
One method treats her like a whore while making her feel a little classy. The other method just obliterates any self-esteem. Then again, some girls like to feel dirty...
Giggidy

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:52 pm

Maybe some swag at orientation!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bloobook

Bronze

Post by bloobook » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Last edited by bloobook on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnchantedJockstrap

New

Post by EnchantedJockstrap » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Orientation swag would be nice. Open bar counts as swag.

EnchantedJockstrap

New

Post by EnchantedJockstrap » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Bedsole wrote:
Guilty as charged. :oops:

a11 1n

Bronze

Post by a11 1n » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:31 pm

U of C allows us to pick a t-shirt size prior to orientation so there is definitely some south side swag coming my way. In addition there is an optional bowling party following the last day of orientation during which I intend to make back a small fraction of my tuition.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mileslibertatis

Silver

Post by mileslibertatis » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:41 pm

You are going to make money bowling. With law students.

EnchantedJockstrap

New

Post by EnchantedJockstrap » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 pm

There is nothing wrong with nickel and dimeing it to get the value for what you are going to spend. Congrats at UC.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:06 pm

a11 1n wrote:U of C allows us to pick a t-shirt size prior to orientation so there is definitely some south side swag coming my way. In addition there is an optional bowling party following the last day of orientation during which I intend to make back a small fraction of my tuition.
Open bar? If so, you can make a dent in your tuition if you try. If there isn't booze, you are going to have to get creative.

mr.hands

Silver

Post by mr.hands » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:48 pm

shock259 wrote:
a11 1n wrote:U of C allows us to pick a t-shirt size prior to orientation so there is definitely some south side swag coming my way. In addition there is an optional bowling party following the last day of orientation during which I intend to make back a small fraction of my tuition.
Open bar? If so, you can make a dent in your tuition if you try. If there isn't booze, you are going to have to get creative.
If you can make your tuition back on an open bar, good sir, i'd like to shake your hand.

You would be my greatest hero

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

a11 1n

Bronze

Post by a11 1n » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:49 pm

mr.hands wrote:
shock259 wrote:
If you can make your tuition back on an open bar, good sir, i'd like to shake your hand.

I cannot imagine we will be shaking hands unless they let me take cases of blue label to go...hence why I said a small fraction of my tuition :|

mdfreeman

New

Post by mdfreeman » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:07 pm

a11 1n wrote:
mr.hands wrote:
shock259 wrote:

I cannot imagine we will be shaking hands unless they let me take cases of blue label to go...hence why I said a small fraction of my tuition :|
"Hello good sir, please help yourself to as much blue label as you can carry. Oh and welcome to U of C."

On a note relevant to this thread, NYU sent me fancy guide books on their faculty/classes but no real swag. Like others in this thread, hoping for an open bar at the "meet-and-greet."

EnchantedJockstrap

New

Post by EnchantedJockstrap » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:10 pm

shock259 wrote:
$50,000 of debt per year. 1 open bar. Challenge accepted.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:16 pm

Positive swag with kids at old school, negative swag with kids at new schoool

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”