Michigan Housing advice Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
salvage

Bronze

Michigan Housing advice

Post by salvage » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:14 am

New transfer, totally lost on this situation. I'm past dormroom age, so probably don't want to live in the student housing. Would prefer something w/in walking distance, but not completely necessary if it's a great neighborhood to live in. Would also prefer one-bedrooms for not super expensive. If it helps, I'm paying $650 now in my current city, is that possible in Ann Arbor?

mr.hands

Silver

Re: Michigan Housing advice

Post by mr.hands » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:30 am

salvage wrote:New transfer, totally lost on this situation. I'm past dormroom age, so probably don't want to live in the student housing. Would prefer something w/in walking distance, but not completely necessary if it's a great neighborhood to live in. Would also prefer one-bedrooms for not super expensive. If it helps, I'm paying $650 now in my current city, is that possible in Ann Arbor?
Yeah see if Packard has any available apartments. It's 3 blocks from school and inexpensive.

salvage

Bronze

Post by salvage » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:53 am

mr.hands wrote:
salvage wrote:New transfer, totally lost on this situation. I'm past dormroom age, so probably don't want to live in the student housing. Would prefer something w/in walking distance, but not completely necessary if it's a great neighborhood to live in. Would also prefer one-bedrooms for not super expensive. If it helps, I'm paying $650 now in my current city, is that possible in Ann Arbor?
Yeah see if Packard has any available apartments. It's 3 blocks from school and inexpensive.
That did look good but unfortunately all leased. Thanks for the info, though. Is Greenway Park decent at all? Golfside Drive, looks about 5 miles east of the law school close to St. Joseph Mercy hospital. Or Eastwind Apartments? 3 miles in the same direction on 2025 S. Huron.

steele

New

Post by steele » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:45 pm

salvage wrote:
mr.hands wrote:
That did look good but unfortunately all leased. Thanks for the info, though. Is Greenway Park decent at all? Golfside Drive, looks about 5 miles east of the law school close to St. Joseph Mercy hospital. Or Eastwind Apartments? 3 miles in the same direction on 2025 S. Huron.
I just signed my lease last week with the forest place apartments(law school reserved apartment building). They still had other two-bedroom apartments left when I signed. Its a ten minute walk to the law school and you are a block away from a major bar/restaurant area.

salvage

Bronze

Post by salvage » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:20 pm

I'm primarily interested in 1BRs.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eastcoast_iub

Bronze

Post by eastcoast_iub » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:25 pm

On a related note, if anyone is looking for a roommate PM me.

I'm looking for a 2-bedroom, either in the school-reserved housing or somewhere within a few miles. I am neat, a sports fan, and not crazy. Thanks.

spookyt27

New

Post by spookyt27 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:15 pm

If anyone else has any info on places to live I'd love some info. I have a car and don't mind a 10-15min drive to the parking lot, since it's so late in the game. Looking for a 1 bedroom, probably.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”