Emory transfer applicants Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
9iceLaw

New

Emory transfer applicants

Post by 9iceLaw » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Has anyone heard back from Emory yet? If so, what were your stats and how long after going complete did you receive a decision?

MakeItHappen3

New

Re: Emory transfer applicants

Post by MakeItHappen3 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:19 am

Accepted to Emory one week after going complete, top 10% at a TTTT. Cannot wait to get started! Good luck!

PB716

New

Post by PB716 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:43 pm

9iceLaw wrote:Has anyone heard back from Emory yet? If so, what were your stats and how long after going complete did you receive a decision?
I applied June 1st, and heard back June 6th: accepted.
Top 10% at a midwest TTTT school.

9iceLaw

New

Post by 9iceLaw » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:20 pm

How were decisions sent out?

9iceLaw

New

Post by 9iceLaw » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:21 pm

And congrats to you both on your acceptances!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MakeItHappen3

New

Post by MakeItHappen3 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Received a phone call from the dean of admissions. The official acceptance letter and a booklet of information arrived in the mail several days later.
9iceLaw wrote:How were decisions sent out?

ben2587

New

Post by ben2587 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:13 am

In at Emory today via phone call from dean of admissions.

Top 11-12% at a midwest TTT. 1.5 years of WE

882camden

New

Post by 882camden » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Just got into Emory today via phone.

TT 20% very diverse person.

ben2587

New

Post by ben2587 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Welcome. Which way are you leaning?

Im slightly disheartened about some of the employment stats I have read. Also all transfers pay sticker during 2L. But Emory is far superior to my current school and its casts a wide net for opportunity.

Still waiting on responses from other schools, but am seriously considering Emory for the fall.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

882camden

New

Post by 882camden » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:36 pm

I am actually leaning toward attending BU at this point. I talked to several people about where to transfer to, and all the practicing attorneys have told me BU over Emory or WUSTL. I want to practice in big law in a big city, and eventually move out to Asia, and BU seems like the right choice.

mbrown1911

New

Post by mbrown1911 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:48 pm

My application became complete on 06/28, and I received my acceptance call from the Dean of Admissions on Sunday (07/01).

I spent my first year of coursework at a TTTT, and placed #13 out of 183 in my class.

SalamiCutter

New

Post by SalamiCutter » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:23 pm

Just got accepted into Emory via phone call which I got while in the middle of one of my summer classes. I'm top of my class at a part-time program at a TTTT. I guess I'll be seeing yall this fall!

IHaveLawyers

Bronze

Post by IHaveLawyers » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:29 am

I had sent me application to Emory as a transfer student several weeks ago, called today to check up on it and they want my law school to directly send them my transcript and letter of good standing. All the other law schools I applied to accepted the transcript from LSAC and just had me fax in a copy of my letter of good standing.

Did Emory ask everyone for the same or was the person on the hone just confused?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SalamiCutter

New

Post by SalamiCutter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:15 pm

IHaveLawyers wrote:I had sent me application to Emory as a transfer student several weeks ago, called today to check up on it and they want my law school to directly send them my transcript and letter of good standing. All the other law schools I applied to accepted the transcript from LSAC and just had me fax in a copy of my letter of good standing.

Did Emory ask everyone for the same or was the person on the hone just confused?
I'm inferring from your post that Emory has not told you whether they have accepted you or not. In which case, that is different from my situation. They accepted me based on my LSAC transcript, though my official transcript directly from the school was on the way to them before they made a decision. Also, I believe they say right on their website, and the application instructions, that a letter of good standing is not needed unless you are accepted.

IHaveLawyers

Bronze

Post by IHaveLawyers » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Got it all figured out, did not have to request any more information from my school, just went complete. Very nervous!

IHaveLawyers

Bronze

Post by IHaveLawyers » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:32 pm

When is the next deadline? Is anyone withdrawing or not taking the offer?

SalamiCutter

New

Post by SalamiCutter » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:54 pm

IHaveLawyers wrote:When is the next deadline? Is anyone withdrawing or not taking the offer?
As far as I know, there was a July 25th (today) deadline for the seat deposit, but I do not know if that is just for people who were accepted around the same time as I was, or for all who were accepted.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

IHaveLawyers

Bronze

Post by IHaveLawyers » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:02 pm

SalamiCutter wrote:
IHaveLawyers wrote:When is the next deadline? Is anyone withdrawing or not taking the offer?
As far as I know, there was a July 25th (today) deadline for the seat deposit, but I do not know if that is just for people who were accepted around the same time as I was, or for all who were accepted.
Thanks! Will you be attending?

SalamiCutter

New

Post by SalamiCutter » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:17 pm

IHaveLawyers wrote:
SalamiCutter wrote:
Thanks! Will you be attending?
Definitely. I've already got my transcripts and letter of good standing sent in and I've registered for classes. Good luck on your application, by the way. Hopefully you'll hear something soon.

IHaveLawyers

Bronze

Post by IHaveLawyers » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks! I'll keep you guys posted!

brokiJD

New

Post by brokiJD » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:14 am

Admitted today! I'm happy, but not sure if I will go. I'll be walking away from 1/2 tuition at my current school and lose 7 units if I transfer.

Top 10% at a T3 P/T in Southern California.

Maybe I will see some of you in a couple of weeks.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ang2113

New

Post by ang2113 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 am

Applied yesterday and was accepted today!!! :D I hope to see everyone at orientation! Is everyone going to the volunteer thing on Monday??

SalamiCutter

New

Post by SalamiCutter » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:17 am

ang2113 wrote:Applied yesterday and was accepted today!!! :D I hope to see everyone at orientation! Is everyone going to the volunteer thing on Monday??
I wasn't planning on being there Monday, but I am definitely going to that dinner on Thursday. By the way, does anyone know where we get our reading assignments for the first classes?

ang2113

New

Post by ang2113 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:06 pm

I heard that it will be posted on BB, but I haven't registered for my classes yet- so I don't know personally.

djf

New

Post by djf » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:36 pm

For those who decided to attend Emory, how was the transition process? What classes did you have to take to be caught up with the rest of the class?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”