Public Interest/Law Firm and Schools Outside of Market Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
drmguy

Silver

Public Interest/Law Firm and Schools Outside of Market

Post by drmguy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Am I at a disadvantage by writing a personal statement about wanting to pursue work in government? To me, it seems like nearly all transfer personal statements talk about getting a firm job.

Also, what are your thoughts on writing that you want to work on the west coast to an east coast school? Is the safer bet, in that case, to remove the regional preference info? Do they realize that a T14 has better national recognition than a T2?

A little background: I finished first semester top 5%. I assume I did the same in my second semester since my second semester GPA was .05 higher. I am nearly positive that I want to work in LA/OC. If someone was twisting my arm, I would consider northern California.

Return to “Transfers”