Transfer applicants doing write-on competitions at schools Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
flcath

Silver

Transfer applicants doing write-on competitions at schools

Post by flcath » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:51 am

that they haven't gotten into yet.

Lol, just lol, at you obscene gunners.

Xferr

Bronze

Re: Transfer applicants doing write-on competitions at schools

Post by Xferr » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:42 am

Airtight logic man, thanks. I'm going to go reevaluate my perspective on life in light of your wisdom.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:03 am

Minus CLS and HLS, most of the transfer write-ons are after admission.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:47 am

Its absolutely insulting that those schools would require you to do it before admission.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:45 am

kaiser wrote:Its absolutely insulting that those schools would require you to do it before admission.
I've heard stories that there was at least one case in recent history of a transfer being accepted by HLR and then rejected by the HLS adcomms. Man that had to suck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:54 am

So how should that applicant list his/her HLR acceptance on his/her resume ? :D

Is there a written rule specifying that HLR membership is limited to current HLS students ? (I'm confident that there is, but it would be interesting if that was not a written requirement.) Just read the rules regarding HLR membership. Those who attended other law schools for 1L must be accepted to HLS in order to become a member. Would being accepted as a visiting law student satisfy this requirement ?
Last edited by CanadianWolf on Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:05 am

Edit: Srs response is unnecessary.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:06 am

I was joking. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I really didn't expect a serious response.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:07 am

CanadianWolf wrote:I was joking. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I really didn't expect a serious response.
Whoops. That would explain why I was like, "Why is CW asking a question this dumb?' :P

I like that you added a smiley, it makes that much clearer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:09 am

CanadianWolf wrote:Just read the rules regarding HLR membership. Those who attended other law schools for 1L must be accepted to HLS in order to become a member. Would being accepted as a visiting law student satisfy this requirement ?
To give a serious response to this part:

HLR only offers membership to rising 2Ls. There is no process for rising 3Ls to apply to join. If you are not accepted as a transfer, I would assume your invitation to join would be revoked, and that being accepted as a visiting student a year later would be irrelevant.

That's just an assumption, but based on how they handle membership in general.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:12 am

From the Harvard Law Review website:

" Students who spend their 1L year at other law schools and are applying to transfer to Harvard Law School must be admitted to Harvard Law School to become a member of the Review."

The same website further states that all potential law review members must participate in the write-on after their 1L year. So, in light of this requirement, a visiting 3L would be ineligible for membership assuming that the HLR membership offer expires or is withdrawn if not admitted as a 2L.

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:01 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
kaiser wrote:Its absolutely insulting that those schools would require you to do it before admission.
I've heard stories that there was at least one case in recent history of a transfer being accepted by HLR and then rejected by the HLS adcomms. Man that had to suck.
For the massive lulz, they should give an HLR offer to every transfer applicant that gets rejected from HLS. Call him with the happy news the same night his rejection letter goes in the mail.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”