CCN to Y? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
2014law

New

CCN to Y?

Post by 2014law » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:12 pm

I'm currently attending one of CCN with a full ride and although spring grades aren't all in, I think I'll be in the top 5% of my class. I'm not sure yet if I'll make law review.

I love my school and everyone is fantastic. The only reason I'm considering a transfer is that I have an eye on a career in academia. Would it be worth it? It would surely cost a lot of extra money and inconvenience (no scholarship, not entirely sure how OCI would work, I'd have to move/start over, etc). Does Yale do a significantly better job getting grads into academia to make the move worth it (if I even managed to get in)?

Thanks for the input!

D-ROCCA

Bronze

Re: CCN to Y?

Post by D-ROCCA » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:21 pm

send out apps if you're interested. whether or not to go probably depends on your situation (typical shit lawyer answer ftw). if you've got a Hammy, how much value do you place on the faculty mentorship you get? will you find out about lr before you'd need to make a decision?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:26 pm

Academia may be your calling if you're willing to give up a full tuition & fees scholarship, top 5% ranking & likely law review at CCN to attend Yale since academia does not require a high degree of common sense.

Maintain your class rank & get published and academia should be an option for you from CCN.

Ehudbarak15

New

Post by Ehudbarak15 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:11 pm

That's the best reply I've ever seen on this site.

2014law

New

Post by 2014law » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Shrug. Financially I'm not sure exactly how big the difference would be (I think I'd qualify for some financial aid and I could live rent-free in New Haven as opposed to the ridiculous COL here), and my grades are unlikely to get me on law review so that's dependent on the writing competition, so I'm not sure the sarcasm is quite merited. But since that is exactly the question I was asking, thanks for the input!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”