letter of rec question Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
transfer2014

New

letter of rec question

Post by transfer2014 » Sun May 27, 2012 1:19 am

I'm looking to apply to Harvard. The deadline is on July 1st. Taking into account mailing time and LSAC processing delays, what date should I tell the professor the letter needs to be sent by?

mileslibertatis

Silver

Re: letter of rec question

Post by mileslibertatis » Sun May 27, 2012 1:22 am

My professors sent theirs through the university mail system and one of them took like 10 days to get processed. I would definitely prefer getting them in the mail by June 3. What if something goes wrong and it never processes? You need time to react...

Lasers

Gold

Re: letter of rec question

Post by Lasers » Sun May 27, 2012 7:31 pm

i'd recommend 3 weeks before the deadline to be safe. usually takes about 10 days, though my recent experience has been much quicker (around 5).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”