Visiting Student Application to Fordham Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jaskat

Bronze

Visiting Student Application to Fordham

Post by jaskat » Tue May 22, 2012 10:52 pm

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for this topic, but I couldn't find a forum section for visiting student applications and thought my question would be most appropriately asked in here.

So, I'm trying to find out information on the whole visiting student process. I want to be a visiting student at Fordham for my upcoming 3L year.

My questions are:
- What is the process like?
- What do they consider when looking at your application?
- What is the success rate for visiting student applicants?
- Would Fordham allow me to be a visiting student for the whole academic year, or would it just be for a semester?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time in advance.

mileslibertatis

Silver

Re: Visiting Student Application to Fordham

Post by mileslibertatis » Wed May 23, 2012 1:18 am

I definitely don't know, but my understanding is that visiting student status is for the entire year.

I haven't really figured out why people want to do it. Is it because you want to be able to list a year of study at a better school?

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Wed May 23, 2012 3:36 am

Actually my school is slightly better ranked than Fordham.

It's just that my significant other is going to study in NYC and we want to stay together. I'm also from NYC originally and eventually want to practice here.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed May 23, 2012 7:35 am

Sidenote: You need approval from both Fordham & from your current law school in order to receive credit as a visiting student toward your JD degree.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”