T2 to GULC - Summer Advice Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
UnleashTheHockey

New

T2 to GULC - Summer Advice

Post by UnleashTheHockey » Mon May 07, 2012 11:57 pm

I am at a lower T2 school with no scholarship, recently granted transfer admission to GULC. I am originally from the Mideast area and want to end up in DC so transferring is pretty much decided. However, I have a judicial internship this summer with a judge who obviously has close ties to the state I am currently in. How should I approach this situation? I may even need to try to cut my internship short because my lease ends and I would need to move. I do not want to offend the judge but I feel like I need to be honest with her. I need advice on how to approach my internship with my plans to transfer.

If anyone has advice I would appreciate it. Can't go back in time, just looking to get things square from here on out. Thanks.

Vronsky

Silver

Re: T2 to GULC - Summer Advice

Post by Vronsky » Tue May 08, 2012 12:14 am

I think you should approach it as though you're asking for advice. Lay out your T2 no scholly situation, express interest to be in DC, and see what the judge has to say. The judge will probably understand and may encourage you. If not, thank her, pretend to think about it, and then notify the judge a out your decision and when you need to move. You should be able to save some good will if you make it as though the judge's POV matters to you.

wiglaf1228

New

Re: T2 to GULC - Summer Advice

Post by wiglaf1228 » Tue May 08, 2012 12:16 am

Deceiving a judge or stringing her along sounds completely idiotic. There's no need to. Just tell her the truth. She's a big girl.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”