Transfering FROM a school that does not do class rank Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lawstudent002

New

Transfering FROM a school that does not do class rank

Post by lawstudent002 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Anybody have any experience with this. Current school does not rank the class, but transfer school's app requests class rank.

How can this discrepancy be reconciled?

Wholigan

Silver

Re: Transfering FROM a school that does not do class rank

Post by Wholigan » Fri May 04, 2012 9:45 pm

It's not that big of a deal. Lots of schools don't rank, including plenty of the T14, so they understand. I transferred out from a school that doesn't rank, and so did a number of my classmates from my old school. Admissions at your target schools will know where you stand.

lawstudent002

New

Post by lawstudent002 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:54 pm

Wholigan wrote:It's not that big of a deal. Lots of schools don't rank, including plenty of the T14, so they understand. I transferred out from a school that doesn't rank, and so did a number of my classmates from my old school. Admissions at your target schools will know where you stand.
Thanks. That's what I was hoping for. Now, another concern I have is that my current school is notoriously slow at getting grades back. Do you know if you are able to submit your transfer app before you have a full list of final grades? Or, is it maybe possible (if the deadline is approaching) to submit what you have and then send official transcript once everything comes back?

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Fri May 04, 2012 9:55 pm

lawstudent002 wrote:
Wholigan wrote:It's not that big of a deal. Lots of schools don't rank, including plenty of the T14, so they understand. I transferred out from a school that doesn't rank, and so did a number of my classmates from my old school. Admissions at your target schools will know where you stand.
Thanks. That's what I was hoping for. Now, another concern I have is that my current school is notoriously slow at getting grades back. Do you know if you are able to submit your transfer app before you have a full list of final grades? Or, is it maybe possible (if the deadline is approaching) to submit what you have and then send official transcript once everything comes back?
option 2

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”