letter of good standing from Dean Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
secretaryoftaste

New

letter of good standing from Dean

Post by secretaryoftaste » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Would it be possible to get a letter of good standing from the Dean now? I haven't sent in any of my applications yet and haven't taken finals. The day after my last exam I'm moving back home and thus won't be around the school for the early months of the summer. Is getting a letter of good standing a process or is it as simple as shooting an email? Do they send it straight to the schools or can I get a copy and mail it myself?

Sorry for the crazy amount of (probably stupid) questions.

Thanks

shock259

Gold

Re: letter of good standing from Dean

Post by shock259 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Interested in this as well. Someone noted that we should start doing it on a thread here recently. I checked UVA's transfer stuff and it said to not do it until after you finish second semester. It might be school specific.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:04 pm

at my school it was just basically a form that some admin personnel filled out... so prob doesn't matter too much when you do it IMO..

secretaryoftaste

New

Post by secretaryoftaste » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Lawquacious wrote:at my school it was just basically a form that some admin personnel filled out... so prob doesn't matter too much when you do it IMO..
Yeah, after searching around a bit on the forums it seems to be a school by school thing. I'll just stop by the registrar or whatever sometime this week and ask them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”