UT/UCLA/Vandy, 3.7x gpa, ~top12%, Chances at Chicago ED Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

And the 8-Ball Says:

Apply and you'll likely be accepted
47%
Apply and you may be accepted, but don't count on it
29%
Apply knowing you'll more than likely be rejected
18%
Save the application fee and spend it on hookers & blow.
6%

Total votes: 17

Scaliable

New

UT/UCLA/Vandy, 3.7x gpa, ~top12%, Chances at Chicago ED

Post by Scaliable » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:36 pm

1L considering a Chicago ED transfer app. Chance me please? Figuring I'm slightly outside the top 10% at one of UT/UCLA/Vandy.

AriGoldButNicer

Bronze

Re: UT/UCLA/Vandy, 3.7x gpa, ~top12%, Chances at Chicago ED

Post by AriGoldButNicer » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:44 pm

Scaliable wrote:1L considering a Chicago ED transfer app. Chance me please? Figuring I'm slightly outside the top 10% at one of UT/UCLA/Vandy.
i figure they're good. i was told by a school that transferring from a school ranked around 20 to a school ranked around 10 would require top 20% for me to be competitive so the difference in ranking between 5 and 16, 17, 18 seems similar based on the USNews scoring numbers.

Scaliable

New

Post by Scaliable » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 pm

^^ Thanks. This is somewhat helpful. What I am hoping to get out of this is some rough idea of the gpa floor for transferring to UC ED from my school and its closest peers. Any/all relevant anecdotes are appreciated.

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:02 am

i think you have a very solid shot. i've heard of someone transferring two years ago to CCN with approximately top 15-20%. one thing to consider, though, is that at top 12% at those schools, there's very little to gain (if any) by transferring to CCN.

Scaliable

New

Post by Scaliable » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:07 am

^^ Thank you. I think in my case there is much to gain from the portability of a UC degree, because I do not wish to work in my school's locale. I also have little to lose in terms of scholarship $$, FWIW.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Scaliable

New

Post by Scaliable » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:15 am

Indifferent

Bronze

Post by Indifferent » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:31 am

Scaliable wrote:^^ Thank you. I think in my case there is much to gain from the portability of a UC degree, because I do not wish to work in my school's locale. I also have little to lose in terms of scholarship $$, FWIW.
Why would you go to a regional school when you... You know what, never mind.

You have a pretty good chance, a poster on here a cycle or two ago got into Chicago ed with top 15% or so from a T30, so I imagine your chances are significantly better than that.

Scaliable

New

Post by Scaliable » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:51 pm

Indifferent wrote:
Scaliable wrote:^^ Thank you. I think in my case there is much to gain from the portability of a UC degree, because I do not wish to work in my school's locale. I also have little to lose in terms of scholarship $$, FWIW.
Why would you go to a regional school when you... You know what, never mind.

You have a pretty good chance, a poster on here a cycle or two ago got into Chicago ed with top 15% or so from a T30, so I imagine your chances are significantly better than that.
Should have said I no longer wish to work in my school's locale. And I'd still classify this trifecta as the Super Regionals, but whatever, TY for the input.

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Don't mean to derail, but what are the odds of transferring to HYS with a high 3.8x? I think I'm somewhere around top 7%

Scaliable

New

Post by Scaliable » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:17 pm

nonprofit-prophet wrote:Don't mean to derail, but what are the odds of transferring to HYS with a high 3.8x? I think I'm somewhere around top 7%
PM'd. I'd say you're competitive but I think top 5% is conventional wisdom.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”