Reasons for wanting to transfer Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SKlei

New

Reasons for wanting to transfer

Post by SKlei » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:00 pm

What do most people write for this in their application? I mean I could write they offer more courses and clinics, but one of the main reasons I am looking to transfer is for employment reasons & the schools I want have better reputations.
Last edited by SKlei on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great Satchmo

Silver

Re: Reasons for wanting to transfer

Post by Great Satchmo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:05 pm

I wrote about my goals and how the new school would help me achieve them, as well as the unique addition to the student body that I'd be.

I think it's kinda useless to write much about "why transfer" unless you have some particularly interesting reason for it. Just show them that you have a goal you are working toward, how being at their school can help you get there and point out that unlike those other faceless applicants out there you will be a unique addition to their 2L class.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Better employment opportunuities is a valid reason to transfer.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:27 pm

jess

Post by jess » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”