Requesting transcript Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
RR320

New

Requesting transcript

Post by RR320 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:24 pm

I forgot how this worked with undergrad but I remember there being a form that the school was supposed to send w/ your transcript to LSAC, however I could not find this on the site when I went on the other day. I spoke to a woman at LSAC and she told me to just have my law school send the transcript and they'll be able to find me by my birthday. Does this sound right?

jess

Re: Requesting transcript

Post by jess » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Last edited by jess on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RR320

New

Post by RR320 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:51 pm

no i was talking about law school transcript. I am a 1L. It just did not sound right to me that my law school just sends in a transcript because I see that I submitted some type of transcript request form to my undergrad last year.

maf70

Bronze

Post by maf70 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Last year when I went through the transfer process I didn't bother sending law school transcripts to LSAC. Instead, I sent them directly to the schools to which I applied.

Wholigan

Silver

Post by Wholigan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:03 pm

Last year, the law school transcript was the easiest part. I asked my school to send one to LSAC (actually at my old school they had a place where you could just enter a request online), they sent it to LSAC within 2-3 days, and LSAC posted it shortly thereafter. Couldn't be easier.

The more complicated things were getting UG certifications filled out specific to certain law schools, letters of good standing, letters regarding rank/grade policy, and spring profs who blatantly disregarded grade turn-in deadlines.

Coolgrnmen

Bronze

Post by Coolgrnmen » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:30 pm

maf70 wrote:Last year when I went through the transfer process I didn't bother sending law school transcripts to LSAC. Instead, I sent them directly to the schools to which I applied.
+1...the transfer apps specifically say to send the transcripts to the law school. On LSAC, they didn't even have my law school listed as a school to receive a transcript from (because it was just a law school, not university). Kinda hinted at the fact that they didn't expect law school transcripts to be sent into them.

Plus, transfer decisions are made quickly...they can't wait the 2-3 weeks for processing that LSAC takes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”