No useful stats/worth it? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
djn123

New

No useful stats/worth it?

Post by djn123 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:09 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm at a mid-TT in the northeast in the top 10%. This is the first year my school is doing a mandated curve and grade distributions, so there are no useful stats from previous years. Based on the totally vague info above, would I have a shot at a school like GULC? How much would my chances increase if I broke into the top 5% after this semester?

Also, for anyone who has transferred to a significantly more expensive school, is it worth it?

Thanks a lot!!

quiver

Silver

Re: No useful stats/worth it?

Post by quiver » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:19 pm

djn123 wrote:I'm at a mid-TT in the northeast in the top 10%. This is the first year my school is doing a mandated curve and grade distributions, so there are no useful stats from previous years. Based on the totally vague info above, would I have a shot at a school like GULC? How much would my chances increase if I broke into the top 5% after this semester?
It's tough to say with just that info. Top 10% is worth the app IMO and top 5% gives you a good shot.
djn123 wrote:Also, for anyone who has transferred to a significantly more expensive school, is it worth it?
Depends.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”