Top 5% at TTTT Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
pj8335

New

Top 5% at TTTT

Post by pj8335 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:13 am

I'm currently starting my second semester at a TTTT. I ranked number 20 out of 600+ students with a 3.6 GPA, placing me in the top 5%. What would my chances be at transferring to a T14 school? Thanks in advance and I really look forward to your advice.

PJ
Last edited by pj8335 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moneybagsphd

Silver

Re: Top 1% at TTTT

Post by moneybagsphd » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:29 am

Not so good out of TJLS.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:40 am

You have to apply to know for sure. Although this is simply stating the obvious, it is doubtful that anyone will be able to assess your chances without reading your entire application file since there is no definitive guideline. Good luck--you've earned it.
Last edited by CanadianWolf on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:57 am

pj8335 wrote:I'm currently starting my second semester at a TTTT. I ranked number 5 out of 600+ students with a 3.8 GPA, placing me in the top 1%. What would my chances be at transferring to a T14 school? Thanks in advance and I really look forward to your advice.

PJ

I think that you are a lock for a T25 and you have an outside shot at a T14. Congrats and keep up the hard work. You need to do just as well in May to have any shot. Focus on that for now. Also start thinking about which professor(s) would write you a good letter of recomendation (and get it back to you quickly enough to submit it with a transfer app).

Good luck!

soitgoes9

Bronze

Post by soitgoes9 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:12 am

reasonable_man wrote:
pj8335 wrote:I'm currently starting my second semester at a TTTT. I ranked number 5 out of 600+ students with a 3.8 GPA, placing me in the top 1%. What would my chances be at transferring to a T14 school? Thanks in advance and I really look forward to your advice.

PJ

I think that you are a lock for a T25 and you have an outside shot at a T14. Congrats and keep up the hard work. You need to do just as well in May to have any shot. Focus on that for now. Also start thinking about which professor(s) would write you a good letter of recomendation (and get it back to you quickly enough to submit it with a transfer app).

Good luck!
+1 and trust him he is a lawyer!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:26 am

soitgoes9 wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

PJ

Good luck!
+1 and trust him he is a lawyer!
I've even got the scroll on the wall to prove it ;)

pj8335

New

Post by pj8335 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:15 pm

First off, thanks to everyone who has replied so far. My reasons for wanting to transfer are obvious. On a side note: will transferring affect my ability to get a summer interning position?

Thanks again

PJ
Last edited by pj8335 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:19 pm

pj8335 wrote:First off, thanks to everyone who has replied so far. A little more about me: URM, 160 LSAT, 2.8 gpa undergrad at public university, decided to go TTTT for personal reasons. I booked one of my courses and hope I do as well (if not better) this semester. My reasons for wanting to transfer are obvious. On a side note: will transferring affect my ability to get a summer interning position?

Thanks again

PJ
No, transferring will NOT affect your ability to get a summer internship and you should be applying NOW for those internships. DO NOT WAIT.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:58 pm

keg411 wrote:
pj8335 wrote:First off, thanks to everyone who has replied so far. A little more about me: URM, 160 LSAT, 2.8 gpa undergrad at public university, decided to go TTTT for personal reasons. I booked one of my courses and hope I do as well (if not better) this semester. My reasons for wanting to transfer are obvious. On a side note: will transferring affect my ability to get a summer interning position?

Thanks again

PJ
No, transferring will NOT affect your ability to get a summer internship and you should be applying NOW for those internships. DO NOT WAIT.
TTTCR

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

taxguy

Bronze

Post by taxguy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Make sure you apply to GULC. Georgetown has more transfer slots than that found at almost any other top law school.

pj8335

New

Post by pj8335 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:33 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
TTTCR
Sorry, I'm pretty new to the boards and still don't know what most of the acronyms means. :? Can you please translate :mrgreen:

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:38 pm

pj8335 wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:
TTTCR
Sorry, I'm pretty new to the boards and still don't know what most of the acronyms means. :? Can you please translate :mrgreen:
"This is the correct response"

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:39 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
pj8335 wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:
TTTCR
I sorta like TTTcr

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:23 pm

Grizz wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:
pj8335 wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:
TTTCR
I sorta like TTTcr

You know how it goes Grizz ... Us TTT kids use the tripple T whenever possible, even when it isn't totally correct :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”