Thoughts on Transferring to UCI? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
boblawblog

New

Thoughts on Transferring to UCI?

Post by boblawblog » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:39 am

I asked UCI admissions about transfers, the answer was a very generic "be top of your class to maximize your chance to transfer", not really much help, and yeah, I was shot down by UCI during last admissions cycle.

there are those on the forum who hype up UCI a lot and those who diss it, I am attending a school ranks somewhere between Davis/Hastings in a different state with a solid regional reputation, but I really love Irvine and its surrounding area, have family ties there, I also know the last thing socal need is more law students, what are your thoughts? ( i don't know my first semester grade yet, but been thinking abt UCI for a while now)

My question is, is it really worth it? and how tough do u think it would be transfer in?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Thoughts on Transferring to UCI?

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:47 am

Depends upon your current law school. If Iowa, for example, then transfer because Iowa doesn't place well on the West Coast. Tough to offer a reasonable response to either of your questions without knowing your current law school.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”