Santa Clara University Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
haylie

New

Santa Clara University

Post by haylie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Anyone accepted or rejected? If so, when and how did you find out? And what were your stats? THanks!

autumnaesthetic

New

Re: Santa Clara University

Post by autumnaesthetic » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Accepted 6/24, withdrew last week. Tier 2, Top ~40%, very strong ties to CA.

EDIT: Found out through a package in the mail.

boogieboo

New

Post by boogieboo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:49 pm

Accepted via snail mail on 7/18. If you look at your status checker and it says decisions rendered, you can figure out if you got accepted (most likely) - look at the seat deposit, if there's a number you're in.

I'll PM you my stats.

Zazelmaf

Bronze

Post by Zazelmaf » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:58 pm

what if the number is just 0's?

SoCow

New

Post by SoCow » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:03 pm

I'll be attending.

Hopefully you'll hear from them soon because their OCI bidding deadline is coming up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Norwood

Bronze

Post by Norwood » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Zazelmaf wrote:what if the number is just 0's?
I think zeros + decision rendered is a rejection. That's how it was last year for the 1L cycle. Not sure if it's different for this year's transfer cycle.

blackdragons

New

Post by blackdragons » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:39 am

SoCow wrote:I'll be attending.

Hopefully you'll hear from them soon because their OCI bidding deadline is coming up.

Same as me. Socow, are u going to do on-campus housing? or commute?

SoCow

New

Post by SoCow » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:36 am

I haven't really looked into on campus housing. Have you? Does it look reasonable?

btw, have you heard anything about transfer orientation?

blackdragons

New

Post by blackdragons » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:09 am

SoCow wrote:I haven't really looked into on campus housing. Have you? Does it look reasonable?

btw, have you heard anything about transfer orientation?
I am currently out of country now, hence no chance to check out the campus yet. I probably will do villa because it is furnished. for the orientation, I have to skip it due to the airplane schedule, I emailed the admission and they said it is "recommended" but not "mandatory". My best guess is we are going to do the orientation with 1L, at least this is what happened in my old school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Zazelmaf

Bronze

Post by Zazelmaf » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Denied. :mrgreen:

SoCow

New

Post by SoCow » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:58 pm

Does anyone know if they reserve any seats for transfers? At the moment I'm like 30th on the waitlist for an Evidence section!

mc444

New

Post by mc444 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:45 pm

I don't think they reserve seats, which sucks. I'm enrolled for classes I'm not even interested in, but one at least satisfies a grad requirement and the rest can count as my electives. I am #5 on the WL for one of the evidence sections, but 60 something for legal profession.

Does anybody know anything about the transfer orientation? I remember reading somewhere that they would send more information later, but I have not received anything yet.

Where are you all living? Any suggestions?

boogieboo

New

Post by boogieboo » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:57 pm

Wow, that's no bueno.

But to be honest, you guys are still lucky that you can register for classes right now. I can't register until the 17th at my transfer school so buying books at a good price will be tough.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SoCow

New

Post by SoCow » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:42 pm

mc444 wrote:I don't think they reserve seats, which sucks. I'm enrolled for classes I'm not even interested in, but one at least satisfies a grad requirement and the rest can count as my electives. I am #5 on the WL for one of the evidence sections, but 60 something for legal profession.

Does anybody know anything about the transfer orientation? I remember reading somewhere that they would send more information later, but I have not received anything yet.

It's a good that you're taking a handful of elective classes since the curve will not be as strict. The academic adviser told me not to load up on grad/bar classes my first semester, especially as a transfer.

You probably have a good shot at getting into that evidence section. Do you mind me asking which Professor?

mc444

New

Post by mc444 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:01 am

SoCow wrote:
mc444 wrote:I don't think they reserve seats, which sucks. I'm enrolled for classes I'm not even interested in, but one at least satisfies a grad requirement and the rest can count as my electives. I am #5 on the WL for one of the evidence sections, but 60 something for legal profession.

It's a good that you're taking a handful of elective classes since the curve will not be as strict. The academic adviser told me not to load up on grad/bar classes my first semester, especially as a transfer.

You probably have a good shot at getting into that evidence section. Do you mind me asking which Professor?

It's with Gillingham in the evening

SoCow

New

Post by SoCow » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:27 pm

When placing bids for OCI at SCU, does it matter what number bid you use on the law firm? Is it a ranking system?? I've tried looking at the LCS OCI info and haven't found anything.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”