ASU v. Florida v. Utah v. BYU Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Jetsetter

New

ASU v. Florida v. Utah v. BYU

Post by Jetsetter » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Spent 1L at DePaul hated living in Chicago so I applied to transfer to 4 schools and I got in to 3 of them waiting on BYU my 1st choice. Never expected that so now I am trying to decide which of them to accept.
U of Florida (family close)
ASU (climate, decent LDS/Mormon dating scene)
Utah (instate tuition, on light rail, no rent)
BYU (degree portablity, no rent, cheap tuition)

I'm open to any advice that will help me make my decision. Thanks!

Veyron

Gold

Re: ASU v. Florida v. Utah v. BYU

Post by Veyron » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Jetsetter wrote:Spent 1L at DePaul hated living in Chicago so I applied to transfer to 4 schools and I got in to 3 of them waiting on BYU my 1st choice. Never expected that so now I am trying to decide which of them to accept.
U of Florida (family close)
ASU (climate, decent LDS/Mormon dating scene)
Utah (instate tuition, on light rail, no rent)
BYU (degree portablity, no rent, cheap tuition)

I'm open to any advice that will help me make my decision. Thanks!
Wait, isn't ASU also on the light rail?

duckmoney

Silver

Post by duckmoney » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:16 pm

All of those schools are regional and all place (slightly) better than DePaul. If you must transfer for personal reasons, go to the one in the region where you want to end up. You will probably have a better chance at good employment staying where you are, though, just because transferring sucks in general.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:22 pm

If you get into BYU, go there.

HebrewHammer

New

Post by HebrewHammer » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:10 pm

Yeah, these are all pretty much the same schools. I am in the same boat deciding between UF and UConn. Go where you want to live and you'll do fine!

Jetsetter

New

Post by Jetsetter » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:21 am

I should have clarified there is a light rail stop by my house where I live rent free which will take me to the U. With BYU it is a 45 minute commute each day.

They are all largely the same which is what makes it so hard to decide. I'll most likely want to practice in Utah or Florida. Although I like AZ and would be happy there as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”