Telling People You're Transferring Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Wholigan

Silver

Re: Telling People You're Transferring

Post by Wholigan » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:15 pm

I have a summer class, so I took the opportunity to tell a few friends who I've had class with the whole year after class. They were really supportive about it and we went out for drinks after class. I thought it was much better than the douchey alternative, which would have been to wear a T-Shirt from my transfer school to the last day of class. :)

fanmingrui

Bronze

Post by fanmingrui » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:24 pm

Wholigan wrote:I have a summer class, so I took the opportunity to tell a few friends who I've had class with the whole year after class. They were really supportive about it and we went out for drinks after class. I thought it was much better than the douchey alternative, which would have been to wear a T-Shirt from my transfer school to the last day of class. :)
I actually kinda like the douchey alternative...

lawyerkobe

New

Post by lawyerkobe » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:25 pm

Wholigan wrote:I have a summer class, so I took the opportunity to tell a few friends who I've had class with the whole year after class. They were really supportive about it and we went out for drinks after class. I thought it was much better than the douchey alternative, which would have been to wear a T-Shirt from my transfer school to the last day of class. :)
So I'm guessing that was a waste of a summer class, since they probably only take 28 credits. (unless, were you PT)

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:58 pm

I'm just wearing a SIXIGAN Tshirt around campus.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:00 pm

A girl at my school sent a FB message to those of us she had been friends with. I thought that was a pretty nice and classy way to say goodbye.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Zazelmaf

Bronze

Post by Zazelmaf » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:19 pm

I knew I would be transferring when I started, so kind of didn't try too hard to make friends, thus no telling anyone. I did know one girl, but don't have any way to contact her. I'd tell her if I could, but she might have transferred too.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:25 pm

Zazelmaf wrote:I knew I would be transferring when I started, so kind of didn't try too hard to make friends, thus no telling anyone. I did know one girl, but don't have any way to contact her. I'd tell her if I could, but she might have transferred too.
LOL TLSers. This is pretty pathetic.

Mitch McDeere

New

Post by Mitch McDeere » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Peeblepop wrote:I've got a few roommates. None of them will be back from their summer gigs before I'm gone. Should I write them thoughtful goodbye letters or just upper deck them?
The upperdecker is always TCR.

random5483

Silver

Post by random5483 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Zazelmaf wrote:I knew I would be transferring when I started, so kind of didn't try too hard to make friends, thus no telling anyone. I did know one girl, but don't have any way to contact her. I'd tell her if I could, but she might have transferred too.

You knew you would be transferring when you started? I hoped I would be, but had no way to know I'd do as good as I did!

And I agree with the above poster. I had tons of fun my 1L year and made friends. Law school is a lot of work (especially around exams) but you still have free time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Zazelmaf

Bronze

Post by Zazelmaf » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:47 pm

random5483 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

You knew you would be transferring when you started? I hoped I would be, but had no way to know I'd do as good as I did!

And I agree with the above poster. I had tons of fun my 1L year and made friends. Law school is a lot of work (especially around exams) but you still have free time.
True. But I am married and knew I'd have little time with my wife, so focused my time with her when not studying. I figure that I might be working a lot once I am done with law school and we've been together for 10 years and are very close. Also, I got rid of facebook during 1L year, so didn't friend anyone on it. I think not being on it 24/7 helped a lot. Both mentally and with time management.
Last edited by Zazelmaf on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:51 am

Listserve email with your big transfer news, along with the reasons you are leaving your old school behind.

Wholigan

Silver

Post by Wholigan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:49 pm

lawyerkobe wrote:
So I'm guessing that was a waste of a summer class, since they probably only take 28 credits. (unless, were you PT)
Found out that it was a waste of time and $$$. Oh well, I'm happy with how things turned out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”