WUSTL v. SMU Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
atunnell

New

WUSTL v. SMU

Post by atunnell » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Wish to practice in Dallas. Should i go to the higher ranked school (WUSTL) or the local top 50 school (SMU).

splitmuch

Silver

Re: WUSTL v. SMU

Post by splitmuch » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:01 pm

atunnell wrote:Wish to practice in Dallas. Should i go to the higher ranked school (WUSTL) or the local top 50 school (SMU).
$?

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:05 pm

If you're sure you want to practice in TX (particularly in Dallas I think), then I would say SMU is TCR. But if full price that might be a hard pill to swallow, and I would prob recommend going to WUSTL and being open to the possibility of working in another state.

Do a poll BTW.

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:08 pm

splitmuch wrote:
atunnell wrote:Wish to practice in Dallas. Should i go to the higher ranked school (WUSTL) or the local top 50 school (SMU).
$?

he'd be a transfer. no $.

I don't know how transfers fare at SMU. Do you have ties to Dallas? What are your goals?

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:09 pm

SMU. Shows commitment to the region.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

camstant

Bronze

Post by camstant » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:21 am

I'm at wustl, and I would probably say SMU for this. We have people go down to dallas, but I think if you're focusing that market then there's no reason to put yourself in a situation where you need to explain why you transferred to a school that's not in texas.

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:44 am

SMU. The school is very well regarded in Dallas, despite its lowish rank.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”