chances? from Southwestern to UCLA/USC/Loyola/Pepperdine Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rungo21

New

chances? from Southwestern to UCLA/USC/Loyola/Pepperdine

Post by rungo21 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:27 am

Hi, i'm actually not a transferring student, rather I will be a 1L at Southwestern starting this August. I just wanted to see what u guys think are the chances to transfer to LA/SC/Loyola/Pepp from Southwestern. Where do you expect someone has to stand in their class rank to be considered to transfer into those schools? Thanks!

reepS

New

Re: chances? from Southwestern to UCLA/USC/Loyola/Pepperdine

Post by reepS » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:37 am

rungo21 wrote:Hi, i'm actually not a transferring student, rather I will be a 1L at Southwestern starting this August. I just wanted to see what u guys think are the chances to transfer to LA/SC/Loyola/Pepp from Southwestern. Where do you expect someone has to stand in their class rank to be considered to transfer into those schools? Thanks!
From what I've gathered probably top 5% for UCLA/USC, but maybe even better for USC.
for Loyola and Pepperdine probably top 5-10%?

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:47 am

rungo21 wrote:Hi, i'm actually not a transferring student, rather I will be a 1L at Southwestern starting this August. I just wanted to see what u guys think are the chances to transfer to LA/SC/Loyola/Pepp from Southwestern. Where do you expect someone has to stand in their class rank to be considered to transfer into those schools? Thanks!

Not good. The standard advice is don't go planning to transfer. It may drive you crazy and your goals probably won't be met (just based on odds). If you are on a full-scholly at SWestern I think your odds may be better, but I assume you could just go to one of those other schools now if you had the stats that put you ahead of the curve at the starting line.
Last edited by 3ThrowAway99 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:48 am

Oh, and read the note at the start of transfer forum. I believe your posting in 'Transfers' prior to 1L is against TLS policy. Just an FYI.

rungo21

New

Post by rungo21 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:29 pm

Lawquacious wrote:Oh, and read the note at the start of transfer forum. I believe your posting in 'Transfers' prior to 1L is against TLS policy. Just an FYI.
I see, so what should I do? delete this? or?

justright157

Bronze

Post by justright157 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:32 pm

There was one person on here named danteshek i think who was in the top 20% at SW and transferred to Loyola. I think the numbers are top 5% for UCLA USC which is understandable cause they are top 20 schools, but for tier 2s like pepperdine and loyola, you need to be at least in the top 20% but higher if you can.

Im also probably going to SW, and thinking about a transfer after the first year, but there is no point in thinking about it too much at this point, cause honestly you don't know how well your going to do, especially with this 1 test is your grade bullshit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”