Submitting an Addendum for Rankings? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Pixlbit1

New

Submitting an Addendum for Rankings?

Post by Pixlbit1 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Rankings were just released for my school. My school ranks in blocks of 5% and releases information about the ranking cut-offs. Based on the ranking system, I rank in the top 20%, but I am literally .01 points behind the cut-off for top 15%. I have already submitted my applications, but realize that rankings are very important for gaining acceptance for transfer. Should I submit an addendum showing that I am practically in the top 15%? Or does it not much matter?

I'm currently in a school ranked in the 50s and am applying to Georgetown, Fordham, and GWU. Thanks for the input!

swimmer33

New

Re: Submitting an Addendum for Rankings?

Post by swimmer33 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:00 pm

i'm in a similar situation to you regarding just missing a cut-off. after rankings were released for everybody, and i saw how close i was, i called the schools to ask if they wanted a full list. all of them said yes, and i sent a pdf of the list, along with the link to where they could see it. it wouldn't hurt!

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:05 pm

Also check with your school to see how they handle people transferring out. If someone transfers before you (and withdraws) they might re-rank. I've heard of it happening...

futurelawyer413

Bronze

Post by futurelawyer413 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:46 pm

i'm not sure if a (any?) law school will re-compute rank for each student after a student opts to transfer out? is this what you mean by re-rank? if thats the case, then i would imagine your current rank goes up - which would be great :)

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:02 am

My school does grade cutoffs like this. Our CSO says to list out GPA like 3.XX (Top 15%=3.XX; Top 20%=3.XX).

SoCow

New

Post by SoCow » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:27 pm

blurbz wrote:Also check with your school to see how they handle people transferring out. If someone transfers before you (and withdraws) they might re-rank. I've heard of it happening...
I believe they adjust the number after the fall semester. Spring grades are in and you are ranked among those who performed that semester. Plus, regstrars wouldn not do his because they are laaaaazy!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”