letter of good standing = deans certificate? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
stjohns

New

letter of good standing = deans certificate?

Post by stjohns » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:27 pm

is a letter of good standing the same as a deans certificate? i called up my schools registrar and they send they dont have deans certificates but they issue letter of good standings- curious what to do next?

ebeth

Bronze

Re: letter of good standing = deans certificate?

Post by ebeth » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:34 pm

If the school to which you are applying requires a deans certificate, they will provide one in the application for an official at your school to fill out.

Edit: I didn't see this was in the transfer forum. Sorry, I don't know about this.

AugustaMasters

New

Post by AugustaMasters » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:14 pm

Make sure the transfer school does not have a form they want you to send (usually under supplementary documents of LSAC apps). If transfer school has no form (for example, Penn) then have your registrar send the letter of good standing directly to the school to which you are applying. Generally, both letters of good standing and deans certificates address the same things (academic probation, academic misconduct etc).

stjohns

New

Post by stjohns » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:23 pm

columbia has a form in the secondarys, but it says it is optional for the dean to use it. any experience with them?

AugustaMasters

New

Post by AugustaMasters » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:37 pm

I used the Columbia form and had it sent by my school's registrar.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Among the T14's, CCN + GULC all have special forms. MPB,, Northwestern and Cornell don't and you just need to have a letter of good standing sent. Have no idea about Duke, UVA or Texas since I didn't apply.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Even some of the schools with specific deans cert forms will allow you to submit a general letter of good standing in it's place as long as it conveys the requistite information.

uzpakalis

Bronze

Post by uzpakalis » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:29 pm

kaiser wrote:Even some of the schools with specific deans cert forms will allow you to submit a general letter of good standing in it's place as long as it conveys the requistite information.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”