NYLS with 3.80 1L gpa transfer to Columbia/NYU???? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
engineered madness

Bronze

NYLS with 3.80 1L gpa transfer to Columbia/NYU????

Post by engineered madness » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:04 am

Ended well and thank god its over. Was wondering specifically if anyone had information on how this gpa would fair coming from NYLS in transfer to Columbia or NYU? Specifically, I have not received less than an A in any doctrinal law course, e.g. torts, contracts, criminal law, etc. My follies were Legal writing and some b*llsh*t class called Lawyering which yielded B- in both. Does this matter? again any information would be helpful. tyia

Vronsky

Silver

Re: NYLS with 3.80 1L gpa transfer to Columbia/NYU????

Post by Vronsky » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:24 am

Class rank? From NYLS to go to those places you probably need to be within t3%

engineered madness

Bronze

Post by engineered madness » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:35 am

not available yet. From preliminary research (done by perusing the internet) probably top 2%-5%

Bramwell

New

Post by Bramwell » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:19 am

The number 1 at NYLS 2 years ago had a 3.92, and transferred to NYU

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:17 am

are fordham or cardozo with $ possible... maybe cornell? nyls is so low on the totem poll, i'd play my options anywhere. columbia and nyu are probably going to be more a matter of where you wind up ranking more so than any tangible difference in how they're perceived.

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:47 am

May I just remind 0L posters that even though TLS appreciates the fact that you want to help others, it's really not welcome in the Transfer forum. Please leave the advice to those who actually have the requisite knowledge i.e. actual law students.

To put it simply, if you post in the transfer forum and you're an 0L, be prepared to be called out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”