NY FTT to NYC area schools Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LVMVM4

New

NY FTT to NYC area schools

Post by LVMVM4 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:31 pm

Post Deleted
Last edited by LVMVM4 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

reasonable_man

Gold

Re: NY FTT to NYC area schools

Post by reasonable_man » Thu May 19, 2011 11:24 pm

LVMVM4 wrote:Currently in the process of applying to transfer out of a bottom of the barrel NY school to Brooklyn, Cardozo, Fordham, St Johns & Hofstra. I'm ranked 7/~200 with a 3.9 based on my Fall grades. My LSAT is nothing special but I graduated from a top 30 undergrad with good grades and some solid work experience. I am wondering what my chances are, what would be a smart move, and if it's worth looking beyond NYC (where I would ultimately want to practice) in applying to schools (DC? Boston? PA?). Fortunately, finances are not a factor. What can I realistically expect?

So you're going to transfer out of the bottom of the barrel into the bottom of a different barrel?

Either trade up or don't move. All of the schools on this list are equally awful and frankly, Touro, while pathetic, is not much worse than SJU and the like. If your grades are this good, shoot a hair higher and try for Fordham.

UCLAtransfer

Bronze

Post by UCLAtransfer » Fri May 20, 2011 12:05 am

You are solidly w/in the top 5%. Even if you are currently at a TTTT, you should at least have a shot at making it into a T1 school.

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Sat May 21, 2011 2:07 am

apply to fordham + gw and then apply to other t14 schools and hope for the best...

LVMVM4

New

Post by LVMVM4 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:08 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
LVMVM4 wrote:Currently in the process of applying to transfer out of a bottom of the barrel NY school to Brooklyn, Cardozo, Fordham, St Johns & Hofstra. I'm ranked 7/~200 with a 3.9 based on my Fall grades. My LSAT is nothing special but I graduated from a top 30 undergrad with good grades and some solid work experience. I am wondering what my chances are, what would be a smart move, and if it's worth looking beyond NYC (where I would ultimately want to practice) in applying to schools (DC? Boston? PA?). Fortunately, finances are not a factor. What can I realistically expect?

So you're going to transfer out of the bottom of the barrel into the bottom of a different barrel?

Either trade up or don't move. All of the schools on this list are equally awful and frankly, Touro, while pathetic, is not much worse than SJU and the like. If your grades are this good, shoot a hair higher and try for Fordham.
I appreciate your honesty and upon further reflection, completely agree. With spring grades in, I've maintained a 3.98 GPA...ranks have yet to be calculated but I'd imagine I'm roughly top 3%. I received an EA offer from Brooklyn so far. Would it be crazy to try for NYU? Would they even consider a tier 4 applicant in my position with ties to the NY area? Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Bramwell

New

Post by Bramwell » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:10 am

LVMVM4 wrote:
I appreciate your honesty and upon further reflection, completely agree. With spring grades in, I've maintained a 3.98 GPA...ranks have yet to be calculated but I'd imagine I'm roughly top 3%. I received an EA offer from Brooklyn so far. Would it be crazy to try for NYU? Would they even consider a tier 4 applicant in my position with ties to the NY area? Any input is greatly appreciated!!
Congrats on the good grades!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”