Obtaining a "Letter of Good Standing?" Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
VinceIrons

New

Obtaining a "Letter of Good Standing?"

Post by VinceIrons » Thu May 19, 2011 9:01 pm

I feel like this is one of those things that's so obvious, yet I haven't been able to figure it out. How do I request a "letter of good standing" to send out to transfer schools? I haven't see a form on the LSAC site, nor on my school's website (though it would be odd if I did find that there).

Thanks in advance.

forty-two

Bronze

Re: Obtaining a "Letter of Good Standing?"

Post by forty-two » Thu May 19, 2011 9:11 pm

First, look in the supplemental sections of the transfer app and read the instructions. About half of the schools I'm applying to have their own form and the other half just state that they just want a letter of good standing. If the school doesn't have a form and just wants a letter, ask your current registrar...or pretty much any administrator. They should all know who you need to talk to and who sends out the letters.

soaponarope

Bronze

Post by soaponarope » Sat May 21, 2011 12:16 pm

I have the same question as the OP. On my official transcript it states that I am in "good standing." Does that count as an LGS? Or is it actually a letter?!?

concurrent fork

Silver

Post by concurrent fork » Sat May 21, 2011 12:41 pm

soaponarope wrote:I have the same question as the OP. On my official transcript it states that I am in "good standing." Does that count as an LGS? Or is it actually a letter?!?
You still need an actual letter. As posted above - just ask your registrar to send it for you. They do it all the time.

missinglink

Silver

Post by missinglink » Sun May 22, 2011 8:24 pm

concurrent fork wrote:
soaponarope wrote:I have the same question as the OP. On my official transcript it states that I am in "good standing." Does that count as an LGS? Or is it actually a letter?!?
You still need an actual letter. As posted above - just ask your registrar to send it for you. They do it all the time.
This.

Berkeley didn't have an actual letter, so I just asked my registrar. They do this all the time, and had a form for the occasion.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”