Transfer Q Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
senunit

New

Transfer Q

Post by senunit » Wed May 18, 2011 12:54 am

Hey guys, I was wondering if applying early for a transfer is as beneficial/necessary as was applying early in your original apps to law school? I noticed many TLSers already applying to transfer, while most schools accept apps until a later date. I looked into Arrow's thread on transfers and notices that he applied AFTER his grades were released (which is presumably early June, at the earliest). So whats the consensus here? Apply early, or wait for grades? Thanks.

kaiser

Gold

Re: Transfer Q

Post by kaiser » Wed May 18, 2011 1:10 am

The earlier the better. Many schools explicitly state this. The timeframe is very condensed and some forms may take awhile to process. For example, my school has to send over a form indicating that I have no disciplinary action taken against me. My school takes up to 4 weeks to process this form. So if I didn't request it until after the beginning of June, it may arrive too late to make the deadline. As always, the earlier the better

lawloser22

Bronze

Re: Transfer Q

Post by lawloser22 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:18 am

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”