Importance of UGPA/LSAT to transfer? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
fingersxd

Silver

Importance of UGPA/LSAT to transfer?

Post by fingersxd » Tue May 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Ok, so obviously your first year grades are the #1 priority for transferring and personal statement, LOR's, etc. are of course important.

That said, just how important is your UGPA and/or LSAT score?

More specifically, if you think you can do better on the LSAT than you originally did (assume hypothetically that there was a reason, smart or otherwise, for not re-taking initially), does it make sense to re-take and bump up your score? Would it matter at all?

specialblend35

New

Re: Importance of UGPA/LSAT to transfer?

Post by specialblend35 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:41 pm

ugpa and lsat are not important at all in transferring law schools. retaking the lsat would be a waste of time and money.

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Wed May 18, 2011 12:01 am

specialblend35 wrote:ugpa and lsat are not important at all in transferring law schools. retaking the lsat would be a waste of time and money.
Thanks. I thought this was the case, but needed confirmation.

More generally, how much better do you need to do for it to be worth re-taking? PM me for #s.

specialblend35

New

Post by specialblend35 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:22 am

fingersxd wrote:
specialblend35 wrote:ugpa and lsat are not important at all in transferring law schools. retaking the lsat would be a waste of time and money.

More generally, how much better do you need to do for it to be worth re-taking? PM me for #s.
have you already started school?

if so, i don't understand your question given that we've established the uselessness of lsat scores in transferring.

if you haven't, i would suggest directing your question to a sub-forum more suited towards 0L's and LSAT prep/strategy.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed May 18, 2011 12:42 am

fingersxd wrote:

Are you a 0L?

EDIT: 0L status confirmed through post history, so, thread lock.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=124519

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Transfers”