General Questions Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
CaptainCrunch

New

General Questions

Post by CaptainCrunch » Tue May 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Hey:

Is there a place on the LSAC website to fill out transfer applications? Can I simply have my 1L grades and/or LoR sent to LSAC to have them transmit them to the school? Any insight into the details of this process?

I guess I'm asking for any helpful hints on the nitty-gritty details of the application process...

Thanks a lot.

kings84_wr

Silver

Re: General Questions

Post by kings84_wr » Tue May 17, 2011 4:41 pm

CaptainCrunch wrote:Hey:

Is there a place on the LSAC website to fill out transfer applications? Can I simply have my 1L grades and/or LoR sent to LSAC to have them transmit them to the school? Any insight into the details of this process?

I guess I'm asking for any helpful hints on the nitty-gritty details of the application process...

Thanks a lot.
Yes, if you look up the schools you should find the a "transfer application" on LSAC

Most schools allow you to send both LOR"s and transcripts to LSAC. However they likely will want the class rank information or letter of good standing from the school sent directly.

There are a few threads that have a more detailed analysis http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 27&t=82937

CaptainCrunch

New

Re: General Questions

Post by CaptainCrunch » Tue May 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know. And Arrow's thread is legendary.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”