Who do I talk to about wanting to transfer? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
AdviceSeeker

New

Who do I talk to about wanting to transfer?

Post by AdviceSeeker » Tue May 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Hey guys, I'll try to keep this brief.

I wouldn't mind staying at my new school, but overall debt has me concerned.

I did well grades-wise, and would like to speak with someone at my school about me either transferring schools, or staying on here with a more significant scholarship.

Problem is, I don't know who it is I should talk to. Any advice? Who did you guys talk to?

dakatz

Gold

Re: Who do I talk to about wanting to transfer?

Post by dakatz » Tue May 17, 2011 12:35 pm

Dean of Students, Dean of Student Affairs, etc.

starchinkilt

Bronze

Re: Who do I talk to about wanting to transfer?

Post by starchinkilt » Tue May 17, 2011 1:23 pm

If it's about trying to get a bigger scholarship, then definitely go to one of the people dakatz mentioned.

For the choice itself and whether it makes sense, I went to my LRW instructor. I felt like it was easier to talk to her because of the small class size compared to my doctrinal classes. Because that class was only ~15 people she knew who I was, and I wasn't randomly showing up in a doctrinal professor's office who had no idea who I was.

On the other hand, if you've been proactive in class and/or been to office hours and have made a bond with a doctrinal professor, by all means see them.

tl;dr just go see a professor you've gotten to know well over the course of your first year.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”