Transfering to Wake Forest Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mrosmith

Bronze

Transfering to Wake Forest

Post by mrosmith » Tue May 03, 2011 2:16 am

Does anyone have any, or know of anybody who has, experience transferring into wake forest law. My fiance got a job at Duke so I need to transfer to North Carolina. Don't think my numbers are good enough for Duke and UNC is extremely difficult to transfer into. Any help will be appreciated.

First semester numbers from a T4 in Midwest

3.65 16/126

UGPA 2.54

LSAT 155

zomginternets

Silver

Re: Transfering to Wake Forest

Post by zomginternets » Tue May 03, 2011 2:43 am

No personal experience with Wake Forest in particular, but I don't think your rank is high enough to transfer there. You have what law schools consider a "good reason" for transferring, which will give you a boost, but I don't think it will overcome your current stats. If you kick ass this semester and get into the top 10 (rank), you might have a more realistic shot.

FYI--your undergrad/LSAT score does not matter at all for transferring.

mrosmith

Bronze

Post by mrosmith » Tue May 03, 2011 3:18 am

I appreciate the input, but I've been told by numerous former transfers that my best efforts should be spent with the 30-50 range. I obviously have some lower schools on my list as back-ups. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how this semester pans out to see if I go up or down in the rankings.

maf70

Bronze

Post by maf70 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:49 am

You have a shot. Apply. The worst that can happen is you get rejected.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue May 03, 2011 9:39 am

You're top 10% of your class and you have personal reasons for wanting to be in NC. I think you should apply to Duke, make abundantly clear your personal reasons, and pray. You have a shot, it's just hard to say how much of one. Strong personal reasons matter, and you'll probably stand out among a horde of transfer applicants who are blanketing the T14 and looking for any school to attend. Schools like to know you want to go there specifically.

For the same reason I think you at least have a chance for UNC. You should definitely be applying to back-ups, too, but it's worth applying to those schools. You need a well-written PS and the strongest LORs you can get, but with a strong app I think you have a real shot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LogosEther

Bronze

Post by LogosEther » Tue May 03, 2011 1:46 pm

vanwinkle wrote:You're top 10% of your class and you have personal reasons for wanting to be in NC. I think you should apply to Duke, make abundantly clear your personal reasons, and pray. You have a shot, it's just hard to say how much of one. Strong personal reasons matter, and you'll probably stand out among a horde of transfer applicants who are blanketing the T14 and looking for any school to attend. Schools like to know you want to go there specifically.

For the same reason I think you at least have a chance for UNC. You should definitely be applying to back-ups, too, but it's worth applying to those schools. You need a well-written PS and the strongest LORs you can get, but with a strong app I think you have a real shot.
Totally agree, apply to all three. Duke isn't likely, but possible, if you come across well. As for the other two, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you got in.

zomginternets

Silver

Post by zomginternets » Tue May 03, 2011 6:31 pm

I guess I'm just a negative nancy. :wink:

MrKappus

Gold

Post by MrKappus » Tue May 03, 2011 6:40 pm

vanwinkle wrote:You're top 10% of your class and you have personal reasons for wanting to be in NC. I think you should apply to Duke, make abundantly clear your personal reasons, and pray. You have a shot, it's just hard to say how much of one. Strong personal reasons matter, and you'll probably stand out among a horde of transfer applicants who are blanketing the T14 and looking for any school to attend. Schools like to know you want to go there specifically.

Feel the need to point out that OP is not in the top 10%.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue May 03, 2011 6:50 pm

MrKappus wrote:Feel the need to point out that OP is not in the top 10%.
*facepalm*

If I coulda done math, I woulda been an engineer.

I still think OP has a chance, being very close to top 10%. Hopefully OP's spring grades will be better, too.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”