Class Rank Release Timing Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
maf70

Bronze

Class Rank Release Timing

Post by maf70 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:06 pm

My school doesnt release class rank until mid-July for second semester. How will this affect my shot at transferring to a T14 coming from a TTT?

Just to be clear, I have my rank from 1st semester.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: Class Rank Release Timing

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:36 pm

If grades are released earlier you'll be ok. The schools can probably figure out where you are in the class with those, especially if they are similar to your first semester grades. It's not that hard for them to extrapolate grades, especially if they are used to dealing with your school. They should be pretty familiar with where you fall based on two semesters of grades and one semester of rank.

UCLAtransfer

Bronze

Post by UCLAtransfer » Sun May 01, 2011 1:02 am

Previous poster is absolutely right. One thing you might consider as well though is including a grade distribution chart from last year (if your school makes this available online or something). It will only be a rough estimate, but it could help make sure your target school has at least some idea, in case they don't have past experience with transfers from your current school.

maf70

Bronze

Post by maf70 » Sun May 01, 2011 2:08 am

I have the exact breakdown from last semester so it would show where I stand. Attach it as an addendum?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun May 01, 2011 4:00 pm

Yeah, with that and grades, you should be ok. Then just get them your updated rank as soon as possible. You shouldn't have too much of a problem

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”