Transfer differences between lower T14 and T6? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bdubs

Gold

Transfer differences between lower T14 and T6?

Post by bdubs » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:37 pm

I am considering Northwestern's JD/MBA and NYU's JD program. If I really rock 1L year at either school I would consider trying to transfer to a T3 school since I am interested in competitive clerkships and other positions where a T3 school's name would help.

Are there substantial differences in the kind of grades that one would need to get to transfer from either of these programs into the T3?

Danteshek

Gold

Re: Transfer differences between lower T14 and T6?

Post by Danteshek » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:42 pm

bdubs wrote:I am considering Northwestern's JD/MBA and NYU's JD program. If I really rock 1L year at either school I would consider trying to transfer to a T3 school since I am interested in competitive clerkships and other positions where a T3 school's name would help.

Are there substantial differences in the kind of grades that one would need to get to transfer from either of these programs into the T3?
I am considering transferring to Stanford from Peoples College of Law? Problem is that PCL has no grades! Do you have any advice for me?

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:46 pm

Danteshek wrote:I am considering transferring to Stanford from Peoples College of Law? Problem is that PCL has no grades! Do you have any advice for me?
Your reputation as a douche precedes you, thanks for nothing.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:58 pm

bdubs wrote:
Danteshek wrote:I am considering transferring to Stanford from Peoples College of Law? Problem is that PCL has no grades! Do you have any advice for me?
Your reputation as a douche precedes you, thanks for nothing.
While you're right about Dante's reputation, you're wrong about thinking this thread was a good idea.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=124519

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Transfers”