Transfer from U of South Carolina Law to Duke ... Chances?? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
shulerds

New

Transfer from U of South Carolina Law to Duke ... Chances??

Post by shulerds » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:05 pm

Top 2% of 1L class after fall semester ???

patrickd139

Gold

Re: Transfer from U of South Carolina Law to Duke ... Chances??

Post by patrickd139 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:13 pm

The transfer process is notoriously unpredictable, so my advice would be to apply to a range of schools if you're serious about transferring out of USC. You can likely do better than Dook, but your chances there are as good as most anyone, knowing only your stats.

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:15 pm

patrickd139 wrote:The transfer process is notoriously unpredictable, so my advice would be to apply to a range of schools if you're serious about transferring out of USC. You can likely do better than Dook, but your chances there are as good as most anyone, knowing only your stats.
He's talking about transferring from South Carolinia, not Southern California, but I agree your chances are not bad. Certainly worth sending in an app for

shulerds

New

Post by shulerds » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:22 pm

what others factors are considered? I figured USC being ranked 100+ that Duke would be a big leap.

girlonfire

Bronze

Post by girlonfire » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:27 pm

shulerds wrote:what others factors are considered? I figured USC being ranked 100+ that Duke would be a big leap.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 27&t=82937

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”