Transfer after 1 semester Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BroCHILLOUT

New

Transfer after 1 semester

Post by BroCHILLOUT » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:14 am

Which schools allow you to transfer to them after only 1 semester of law school and doesn't require LOR's?

Gold

Re: Transfer after 1 semester

Post by 270910 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:43 am

None of them.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:37 am

cooley

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:38 am

Check out Concord or Peoples COL

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:02 am

disco_barred wrote:None of them.
You can apply to a few schools with first semester grades (U Chicago and Georgetown are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head), but you would not transfer until after you've completed your 1L year and still would have to turn in LOR's.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:58 pm

Thirteen wrote:
You can apply to a few schools with first semester grades (U Chicago and Georgetown are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head), but you would not transfer until after you've completed your 1L year and still would have to turn in LOR's.
are these binding applications?

kings84_wr

Silver

Post by kings84_wr » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:23 am

gwuorbust wrote:
Thirteen wrote:
are these binding applications?

Chicago Yes and its contingent on 2nd semester grades to some extent, GULC No

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:22 am

BroCHILLOUT wrote:Which schools allow you to transfer to them after only 1 semester of law school and doesn't require LOR's?
It's the "no LORs" part of this query that has me intrigued...

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:23 pm

so GULC Early Action is not binding, but requires first semester grades. I presume that anything less then top 5% will prob be rejected?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:58 pm

Making generalizations based on class/school rank and transfer applications to GULC EA are useless. It's a black box. See, e.g., last year's GULC EA cycle.

On the other hand, making generalizations based on how studying vastly improves your 1L performance, and thus increases your chances to transfer anywhere are useful. Good luck on finals.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:05 pm

I wish I had known you could apply to transfer after one semester. I really had no idea.

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Post by XxSpyKEx » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:09 pm

gwuorbust wrote:so GULC Early Action is not binding, but requires first semester grades. I presume that anything less then top 5% will prob be rejected?
They hold apps for consideration after 2nd semester grades for a number of applicant. So top 7% at some TTT doesn't necesarily mean an outright rejection (actually, I'd be surprised if they didn't hold that app), but you won't get in until after your 2nd semester grades are in (assuming your class rank went up).

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:45 pm

gwuorbust wrote:so GULC Early Action is not binding, but requires first semester grades. I presume that anything less then top 5% will prob be rejected?
If you check the GULC EA thread from last year I don't believe anyone was rejected but rather everyone was deferred. Chicago was similar although I did get outright rejected after first semester grades (but I think I was the only one of TLS).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:07 pm

JPU wrote:
If you check the GULC EA thread from last year I don't believe anyone was rejected but rather everyone was deferred. Chicago was similar although I did get outright rejected after first semester grades (but I think I was the only one of TLS).
numbers and where did you end up?

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:19 pm

gwuorbust wrote:
JPU wrote:
I was at a very low TTTT in the top 5%, ended up in the t10.

viola23

New

Post by viola23 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:28 pm

Lawl Shcool wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:
JPU wrote:
I was at a very low TTTT in the top 5%, ended up in the t10.
Could you tell me more about your undergrad stats and your class ranking? Thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”