in at Berkeley, waiting on Columbia pre July 15 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
berkcol

New

in at Berkeley, waiting on Columbia pre July 15

Post by berkcol » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:12 am

that's whats up

prncaspian3

New

Re: in at Berkeley, waiting on Columbia pre July 15

Post by prncaspian3 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Are you sure you'll hear pre-July 15?

Machine Spirit

Bronze

Post by Machine Spirit » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:31 pm

^ Wondered that myself. The app is due on the 15th...I was under the impression that we'd be hearing after that date as a result.

Journeybound

Bronze

Post by Journeybound » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Same situation. Berkeley says that they presume you will withdraw all other applications if you commit to matriculating at Berkeley. So does that mean that by accepting Berkeley you are committing yourself? Or is it just a courtesy to Berkeley?

I'm really hoping that a batch of acceptances come out before July 15.

What I'm most concerned about are my odds at landing a job via OCI. I feel that odds will be a lot better at Columbia. Although, as a lifestyle choice, San Francisco is pretty sweet.

jlockhart6

Bronze

Post by jlockhart6 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:04 pm

Journeybound wrote:Same situation. Berkeley says that they presume you will withdraw all other applications if you commit to matriculating at Berkeley. So does that mean that by accepting Berkeley you are committing yourself? Or is it just a courtesy to Berkeley?

I'm really hoping that a batch of acceptances come out before July 15.

What I'm most concerned about are my odds at landing a job via OCI. I feel that odds will be a lot better at Columbia. Although, as a lifestyle choice, San Francisco is pretty sweet.
I am not sure your odds are THAT much better as a transfer at Columbia than Berkeley. I read that New York's market is brutal right now, and we are talking a matter of three spots or so in the rankings. While Columbia may hold a little more prestige, I really feel that we sometimes overestimate on these boards how much of a difference the top 14 schools hold with OCI and the like outside of HYS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”