The "In Nowhere" Club Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
A'nold

Gold

The "In Nowhere" Club

Post by A'nold » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:53 pm

This thread is to provide a place for the bottom dwellers of TLS's transfer forum. :cry:

Applied to 13 schools, been complete for at least a week and a half everywhere. It is July 2nd and everybody is getting great news. I suck.

arstech

New

Re: The "In Nowhere" Club

Post by arstech » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Emo poster is emo.

You'll be fine, have patience!

dukelawguy144

Bronze

Post by dukelawguy144 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:01 pm

sorry dude/dudette. hope it works out for ya

studebaker07

Bronze

Post by studebaker07 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Hang in there buddy. I was feeling pretty low yesterday when I got my crappy ranking only to be lifted by an acceptance! I have a feeling there are still a great deal of spots left at many of the schools you applied to.

Also, with so many people applying to multiple schools, there inevitably have to be multiple declines of admission offers at some of these schools. Perhaps one of those spots will go to you?

Keep the faith brother!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:08 pm

studebaker07 wrote:Hang in there buddy. I was feeling pretty low yesterday when I got my crappy ranking only to be lifted by an acceptance! I have a feeling there are still a great deal of spots left at many of the schools you applied to.

Also, with so many people applying to multiple schools, there inevitably have to be multiple declines of admission offers at some of these schools. Perhaps one of those spots will go to you?

Keep the faith brother!
Thanks man.

To the posters above: I purposely made this thread EMO'ey b/c that is how I truly feel at the moment. I actually feel depressed about the way my cycle is going.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

accent

New

Post by accent » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:46 pm

Hello,

I applied to 6 schools. Complete at 5. No acceptances. One decision was mailed on July 1, but I do not have it yet. I have the feeling it is a rejection, because the file went complete 6/29 and then it changed to "decision letter was mailed on July 1."

I am extremely disappointed. I only received user/password info from two schools.

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:00 pm

il join your club. No acceptances :(

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:14 pm

I'll commiserate, and add thinking I was complete for at least a week at 2 places and finding out I wasn't to the depression/frustration.

accent

New

Post by accent » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:02 pm

I know the feeling. I had to call at least 3 times until they found all of my info. Usually, the admission office rep will say, "sorry, we do not have your transcript yet". And I have to explain that I have a confirmation - it was sent/received on...... It should be there. She checks again and finally she will say, "ooo, I am sorry. It is here. IT was just in another pile."

The last time I called, the lady said, "I know your file." I guess I called too many times and she remembered me.:)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 pm

Here. Only applied to three schools. Waiting to hear.

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:05 pm

Requesting admission to your club, A'nold. applied to 4 schools. all went complete about 7-8 days ago. no acceptances so far despite announcements by our fellow tls'ers of acceptances at all four schools. i had a bad feeling about my numbers going in, but i only applied to reaches, so i guess i can't be too upset. :D

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:13 pm

Thanks man.

To the posters above: I purposely made this thread EMO'ey b/c that is how I truly feel at the moment. I actually feel depressed about the way my cycle is going.
Well, sorry to hear this.

Still pissed at you for thinking I was a JDU troll's alt. :lol:

mcdsa

New

Post by mcdsa » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:17 am

What're your stats?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mcdsa

New

Post by mcdsa » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:20 am

just saw elsewhere that you're a t14% (?) t3?
I'm going to say you have a decent shot at like Kent, or Georgia State
Did you apply to those programs?

taxguy

Bronze

Post by taxguy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:59 am

Maybe we can make suggestions. What schools did you apply to and what was your law school GPA and/or class rank?

mcdsa

New

Post by mcdsa » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:03 am

taxguy wrote:Maybe we can make suggestions. What schools did you apply to and what was your law school GPA and/or class rank?
He is outside the top 10% at a t3 school. I would quit caring about transfer-apps and start caring about a job if I were in his shoes.
T3 + not top 10% = craigslist.

studebaker07

Bronze

Post by studebaker07 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:23 am

mcdsa wrote: He is outside the top 10% at a t3 school. I would quit caring about transfer-apps and start caring about a job if I were in his shoes.
Not necessarily. I just got into a T40 school with, what I think, are unimpressive stats: t4 (a very lowly-respected T4): top-23%, although I did write-on to law review. I am just saying, there are exceptions and factors that come into play besides just grades.

Maybe OP is out of luck when it comes to T20, T25 schools but I think anything lower than that and he could have a chance.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:34 am

mcdsa wrote:
taxguy wrote:Maybe we can make suggestions. What schools did you apply to and what was your law school GPA and/or class rank?
He is outside the top 10% at a t3 school. I would quit caring about transfer-apps and start caring about a job if I were in his shoes.
being a dik = nobody likes you

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:41 am

GATORTIM wrote:
mcdsa wrote:
+1

Machine Spirit

Bronze

Post by Machine Spirit » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:43 am

sanpiero wrote:
GATORTIM wrote:
mcdsa wrote:
+1
+2.

What is it with some people on this board and apparently only being able to speak in hyperbole? There was another thread were some guy with fairly decent stats was told that he was "virtually unemployable". Sheesh....

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:45 am

+3.

Keep your hopes up OP. There are no hard and fast rules for transferring.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jlockhart6

Bronze

Post by jlockhart6 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:51 am

+4

Still barely July A'nold, keep the faith there is a lot of time left before classes begin, anything can happen, we are all pulling for you on here :)

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:58 am

This thread should be dismissed for want of ripeness.

Riles246

New

Post by Riles246 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Applied to three schools on the 14th, probably complete another week or two later (not sure how long it took to get my letters of good standing out), but definitely complete at least as of a week ago. Still nothing.

I'm not an impatient person, but when I started this I expected that everyone was going to begin hearing back in the middle of July... I wasn't expecting people to start posting about acceptances already! Boo hoo!

SamSeaborn2016

Bronze

Post by SamSeaborn2016 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Keep your head up, A'nold!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”