Notify targeted schools of law review/moot court offers? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
T3transfer

New

Notify targeted schools of law review/moot court offers?

Post by T3transfer » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:18 pm

If none of the school have notified me of a decision yet, should I call and/or email the schools to let them know that I was just offered the opportunity to be on law review and moot court during the upcoming year at the school I would be transferring from? I was just notified today and I already submittted all my other materials last week. I just don't know whether it would make any difference in my chances or not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Notify targeted schools of law review/moot court offers?

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Law review & moot court are worth an addendum to each of your targeted law schools--especially to remind yourself what you may be giving up to attend a higher ranked (I presume) law school.

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:00 pm

If I were an adcom (which I'm not), it might impact my decision if you were selected for either activity based on a factor not already present in your application--for example, if you got on moot court because of a tryout or got on law review because of your writing, but not if you graded on to law review.

2009 Prospective

Bronze

Post by 2009 Prospective » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:20 pm

ggocat wrote:If I were an adcom (which I'm not), it might impact my decision if you were selected for either activity based on a factor not already present in your application--for example, if you got on moot court because of a tryout or got on law review because of your writing, but not if you graded on to law review.
Yes, I think it's worth mentioning although I'd imagine the vast majority of competitive transfers at top schools made law review anyways. Also, OP could just notify schools that he was "invited onto law review" without mentioning whether he graded on or wrote on.

concurrent fork

Silver

Post by concurrent fork » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:24 pm

The vast majority of candidates probably made law review at their current school some way or another. Just include the invite on your resume.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”