Boalt ranking justified? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
eddietx12

New

Re: Boalt ranking justified?

Post by eddietx12 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:41 am

acrossthelake wrote:
eddietx12 wrote:Obama is a perfect case study of someone who probably "entered" HLS the AA way, but exited HLS the badass magna way.

I'm not saying anything negative about people who have easy access, I'm saying the system is JACKED UP.

Clearly, Obama is a shining example of the lack of need for AA.
LOL. One example does not an entire group make. I don't support AA--but that's because of research I've seen that shows it doesn't actually help URMs, not because I'm against helping out a generally disadvantaged ethnic group.
Oh I was using the logical tactic used by the 'blasian' who kept notating one white dude who got in with similar stats to hers. I guess that technique is horrendously flawed isn't it?

Gold

Post by 094320 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:42 am

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:42 am

I don't support AA for law school because I think it's designed to render minority students depressed and alcoholic by subjecting them to the existential malaise, moral decay, and aesthetic myopia of the legal profession.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:43 am

--ImageRemoved--

Tautology

Bronze

Post by Tautology » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:44 am

acrossthelake wrote:
Tautology wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:
eddietx12 wrote:Obama is a perfect case study of someone who probably "entered" HLS the AA way, but exited HLS the badass magna way.

I'm not saying anything negative about people who have easy access, I'm saying the system is JACKED UP.

LOL. One example does not an entire group make. I don't support AA--but that's because of research I've seen that shows it doesn't actually help URMs, not because I'm against helping out a generally disadvantaged ethnic group.
Have you seen research other than the study relating to law schools?
Should've qualified that. I don't support it for professional schools, I'm in complete agreement with it for undergrad.
Fair enough.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:44 am

acrossthelake wrote:
Tautology wrote:
acrossthelake wrote:

Have you seen research other than the study relating to law schools?
Should've qualified that. I don't support it for professional schools, I'm in complete agreement with it for undergrad.
I'll bite. Is your research the Sanders study? If so, have you read the line of criticisms and discussions?

xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:45 am

Last edited by xyzzzzzzzz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eddietx12

New

Post by eddietx12 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:45 am

The system screws AA benefactors pretty badly too. Ask Clarence Thomas about his fun-time getting a job post YLS.

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:46 am

eddietx12 wrote:Oh I was using the logical tactic used by the 'blasian' who kept notating one white dude who got in with similar stats to hers. I guess that technique is horrendously flawed isn't it?
Why do you keep calling me "the blasian"?

Most people on here call me...oh, I don't know, Gaia...?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:47 am

eddietx12 wrote:The system screws AA benefactors pretty badly too. Ask Clarence Thomas about his fun-time getting a job post YLS.
That was 35 years ago. Ask black kids at Yale Law now if they have trouble getting a job.

Gold

Post by 094320 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:48 am

Tautology

Bronze

Post by Tautology » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:49 am

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:
eddietx12 wrote:Oh I was using the logical tactic used by the 'blasian' who kept notating one white dude who got in with similar stats to hers. I guess that technique is horrendously flawed isn't it?
Why do you keep calling me "the blasian"?

Most people on here call me...oh, I don't know, Gaia...?
Because he's obsessed. Honestly, he seems almost pathological in his need to blame others for his own failings.

eddietx12

New

Post by eddietx12 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:50 am

mallard wrote:
eddietx12 wrote:The system screws AA benefactors pretty badly too. Ask Clarence Thomas about his fun-time getting a job post YLS.
That was 35 years ago. Ask black kids at Yale Law now if they have trouble getting a job.
Ask Partners At Law firms what they think at first, when they see someone who's black show up for a job interview with an HLS degree. The answer will depress you.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Pablo Ramirez

Bronze

Post by Pablo Ramirez » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:50 am

eddietx12 and GAIAtheCHEERLEADER:

one needs to STFU, the other DIAF.

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:51 am

eddietx12 wrote:I hope I go one on one against you in litigation where justice is blind to your fucking lucky genetic access-pass to HLS.

I can't wait till merit dunks on your punk ass which has been hanging in circles in which you know you don't belong.

I know exactly how easy it is to keep taking bullshit standardized tests till you "get lucky". I also know how easy it is to game your stupid college with an inflated GPA, self "identify" yourself as a fucking "BLASIAN," whatever the f that is - and claim any kind of "status"

You don't DESERVE to be where you're at. Nor do the rest of the URMs at the low-end of the HLS stats. Go fuck yourself.
Silly Eddie. I can post PMs.

hth

Gold

Post by 094320 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:51 am

Tautology

Bronze

Post by Tautology » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:52 am

eddietx12 wrote:
mallard wrote:
Ask partners at law firms what they think at first, when they see someone who's black show up for a job interview with an HLS degree. The answer will depress you.
Maybe, but we would be depressed by the racism of those law partners.

Edit for acrossthelake: DIAF stands for Die In A Fire. Not one of my favorite abbreviations, personally.
Last edited by Tautology on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:52 am

eddietx12 wrote:
mallard wrote:
Ask partners at law firms what they think at first, when they see someone who's black show up for a job interview with an HLS degree. The answer will depress you.
lol. I go to HLS, so I have a pretty good sense of how future law firm partners and future black HLS interviewers feel.

Also, Gaia, I'm not sure posting PMs is within forum rules - you should check that. Lulzy though.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:53 am

eddietx12 wrote:I hope I go one on one against you in litigation where justice is blind to your fucking lucky genetic access-pass to HLS.

I can't wait till merit dunks on your punk ass which has been hanging in circles in which you know you don't belong.

I know exactly how easy it is to keep taking bullshit standardized tests till you "get lucky". I also know how easy it is to game your stupid college with an inflated GPA, self "identify" yourself as a fucking "BLASIAN," whatever the f that is - and claim any kind of "status"

You don't DESERVE to be where you're at. Nor do the rest of the URMs at the low-end of the HLS stats. Go fuck yourself.
Silly Eddie. I can post PMs.

hth
wowzers

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:53 am

Also, I love TTTs who say "I can't wait to meet you in court."

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:54 am

mallard wrote:Also, Gaia, I'm not sure posting PMs is within forum rules - you should check that. Lulzy though.
trust me, I've done it before. Only when someone sends me something hugely racist do I do it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:54 am

acrossthelake wrote:
Pablo Ramirez wrote:eddietx12 and GAIAtheCHEERLEADER:

one needs to STFU, the other DIAF.
What does DIAF stand for? Help the abbrev n00b out.
Die in a [car?] fire.

BlueCivic

Bronze

Post by BlueCivic » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:55 am

mallard wrote:Also, Gaia, I'm not sure posting PMs is within forum rules - you should check that. Lulzy though.
trust me, I've done it before. Only when someone sends me something hugely racist do I do it.
I approve.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:55 am

And on that note...

U all WANT A PIECE OF ME NOW? 'Cuz it sounds like y'all miss PDaddy with a thread like this. :wink: I leave u alone for awhile and u can't even do it right...can't handle it. Your minds still aren't free. I have been working overtime on a very complicated civil rights case, but I can come back and give y'all some if you want me too. And u know I'm surgical with it.

Any black student going to any top school earned it, believe that! Quit being insecure, entitled, anti-AA babies. White skin is AA for white people; so you have had it for over 400 years.
Last edited by PDaddy on Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:56 am

PDaddy wrote:U WANT A PIECE OF ME NOW? 'Cuz it sounds like y'all miss PDaddy with a thread like this. :wink: I leave u alone for awhile and u can't even do it right...can't handle it. Your minds still aren't free. I have been working overtime on a very complicated civil rights case, but I can come back and give y'all some if you want me too. And u know I'm surgical with it.

Any black student going to any top school earned it, believe that! Quit being insecure, entitled, anti-AA babies. White skin is AA for white people; so you have had it for over 400 years.
This I don't agree with, but let's not derail the thread further.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”