Where to apply to transfer, T20 Top 5-10% Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
buslaw4302

New

Where to apply to transfer, T20 Top 5-10%

Post by buslaw4302 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:41 pm

I dropped this semester from somewhere in the top-10 students to somewhere probably between 5-10% at my T20 (although a. rankings are not out yet and b. we are ranked in 5% increments past the top 5% so I'll never know exactly. I'd estimate somewhere around 7-8%).

I submitted Stanford and Berkleley on the 15th and am trying to decide which other schools I should apply to. I planned on applying to all T6, but would that be a waste of money and at what point would it really be much better to stay versus going?

Did any current transfers have similar grade slips? If so, what was the end transfer result?

I have an ok (less than 1/3) scholarship, am in a hard-to-get clinic for next year, and will likely grade-on to LR... Big Law and/or clerking is the goal, probably in NYC or D.C.

Thanks.

sanpiero

Silver

Re: Where to apply to transfer, T20 Top 5-10%

Post by sanpiero » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:37 pm

i'd apply to h and cls, too

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:37 pm

how well does your current school place in nyc and dc?

EggShellPlaintiff

New

Post by EggShellPlaintiff » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:10 pm

OP goes to WashU. He can probably make it to DC or NY with those grades, but WashU does have notoriously weak placement outside of the Midwest. I would try to transfer. NYU and Columbia are likely, HYS are unlikely.

I'm surprised you didn't get the call from Dean Tom on Thursday - is your Berkeley application not complete yet?

buslaw4302

New

Post by buslaw4302 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:44 am

I am still not complete at Berkeley. My current school does place some students every year in both NY and DC although there aren't ever any guarantees, so I want to make the most intelligent decision... Do I still go ahead and send the rest of the T-6?

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:49 pm

i would. transfer admissions are unpredictable and the app fees negligible in the long run. see what happens, then make choose the option that suits you best. fwiw, don't think i would transfer to any school outside the t6 w your credentials and scholarship,

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”