. Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Hamilton

New

Post by Hamilton » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:41 am

question answered
Last edited by Hamilton on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Re: Leave T25 & LR for ???

Post by TheBigMediocre » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:42 am

I'd say apply for HYS only. For what you want, giving up what you currently have is not worth it for anything else.

Also, if your current school has a write-on component of the LR...DO IT, even if you think you might transfer. Being able to say you was accepted to so-and-so law review at our new school's OCI will be helpful.

Hamilton

New

Post by Hamilton » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:25 am

yeah, I turned in the write on competition. Hopefully my GPA is high enough to grade on, but they change the cutoff standards for GPA every year, so you never really know if you grade on or write on.

Alyosha

Bronze

Post by Alyosha » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:11 pm

What do you mean by "stay in the midwest." If you want to practice in Chicago biglaw, you probably need to transfer. See the poster "Totransferornot" who says he would not have gotten Chicago biglaw if he had stayed at his T30 in the midwest (he transferred to Chicago). And he was top 1% if I remember correctly. Also, if you want a federal clerkship, I assume it makes sense to transfer as well, though you may want to ask your career services people about your clerkship chances from your current school.

If you are comfortable staying in the local market you are in, then staying is probably the right thing (assuming you are not in Chicago).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”