Top 10% @ Rutgers Camden...transfer prospects? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jdhopeful11

Bronze

Top 10% @ Rutgers Camden...transfer prospects?

Post by jdhopeful11 » Fri May 28, 2010 11:45 pm

Hey guys, how would you assess my chances at successfully transferring into Fordham, GULC, NYU, Columbia, or Harvard from the top 10% at Rutgers Camden??

A'nold

Gold

Re: Top 10% @ Rutgers Camden...transfer prospects?

Post by A'nold » Sat May 29, 2010 12:00 am

andyman wrote:Hey guys, how would you assess my chances at successfully transferring into Fordham, GULC, [strike]NYU, Columbia,[/strike] or [strike]Harvard[/strike]from the top 10% at Rutgers Camden??
You should try mid and lower t14's though. Might as well try Columbia and NYU but I think your chances are slim. Harvard is a no-go.

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:06 am

So i'm guessing top 5% at RU-Camden would be sufficient for Columbia, and NYU? What about Harvard?

Any chance at YLS at top 1% just out of curiosity? (bite my tongue!)

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sat May 29, 2010 1:10 am

andyman wrote:So i'm guessing top 5% at RU-Camden would be sufficient for Columbia, and NYU? What about Harvard?

Any chance at YLS at top 1% just out of curiosity? (bite my tongue!)
I'd probably say no to all of HYS even if you are the #1 student in the class. One of the top students at your school could probably get Columbia/NYU but it's still not a given.

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Sat May 29, 2010 8:53 am

0L.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bigben

Silver

Post by bigben » Sat May 29, 2010 9:42 am

samiseaborn wrote:0L.
*pukes*

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Sat May 29, 2010 9:59 am

andyman wrote:Hey guys, how would you assess my chances at successfully transferring into Fordham, GULC, NYU, Columbia, or Harvard from the top 10% at Rutgers Camden??
Rutgers doesn't rank after the first year, 0L... htmfh.

There was a girl that had a 3.98 out of RU, I wonder how she did...

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:25 am

mistergoft wrote:
andyman wrote:Hey guys, how would you assess my chances at successfully transferring into Fordham, GULC, NYU, Columbia, or Harvard from the top 10% at Rutgers Camden??

Really? I'm assuming that wouldn't be held against a student transferring from there after 1L then would it?

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:38 am

andyman wrote:
mistergoft wrote:

Really? I'm assuming that wouldn't be held against a student transferring from there after 1L then would it?
You shouldn't even be worrying about this bro, don't go to a school you wouldn't feel comfortable graduating at, and DO NOT GO INTENDING TO TRANSFER. It's a poor decision. Law school grading is extremely arbitrary and not everyone has an aptitude to do well in law school. 90% of the class will not be in the top 10%.

Do yourself a favor; if you want to go to a better school, get some w/e and retake the lsat.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:36 pm

I'm asking these questions to satisfy my curiosity about transferring from the best school I'm qualified to attend atm. That takes into consideration that I'm a nj resident and ru ug alum. Even with more w.e. and a higher lsat score, my 3.0 ug gpa is still a considerable obstacle for getting into a T14. I am confident that I would increase my chances best for attending a t14 with hard work to compliment my classroom presence. If not, I'd be content woth Fordham. Worst case scenario I graduate from RU. Flame away

yabbadabbado

Bronze

Post by yabbadabbado » Sat May 29, 2010 1:34 pm

I really think the mods need to edit/delete all these 0L transfer threads, and point these people to a FAQ thread that says planning to transfer is a very bad idea.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Sat May 29, 2010 1:46 pm

edited / never mind
Last edited by thesealocust on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Sat May 29, 2010 1:55 pm

andyman wrote:Flame away
I don't think anything I said can be conceived of as a flame in any sense of the word. I am giving you advice based on my experience with law school. Law school is a significant investment, both in loss of potential income and expenditure on the actual schooling, I just want to make sure people aren't going to law school for the wrong reason and end up regretting their decision.

hth

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:28 pm

ITT: One person I will beat on the curve this fall ;)

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:33 pm

Who the hell ever said I was going into 1L with the intent of transferring????????????

That's what I love about this board- as useful as it may be, you also have to deal with the "vets" who love nothing more then to flaunt their so called "expertise" every chance they see fit in an attempt to compensate for low self esteem in the real world (regardless of what ls you go to).

All that I'm saying is that I know going into 1L thinking you are going to transfer is frowned upon; I've read it over and over on this board. Just because I post a hypothetical asking for a ballpark indicator of where RU stands, doesn't mean I have my heart set on transferring! I agree that law school is a huge investment! You are 110% right about that! So, why not gain an understanding of where your institution stands before you go in, so that if, for some reason, you find yourself in a possible position to climb the ladder if you finish the semester strong, you'll put the pedal to the medal and at least have no regrets. Shit, what kind of prospective 1Ler DOESN'T do this kind of research about their law school??? (yap yap yap the ones with scholarships, YHS students and other 1Ls who have their heart set on graduating from their school...oh I forgot, HS students actually try to transfer into Y, so just Y students then)..

Stop feeling threatened you snot nosed babies, just because you may go to a T1, yet can't transfer into the T14 (or even if you can for that matter), doesn't make it right for you to slam a T2er for discussing the idea of it.

Fyi- this is the only appropriate forum for this post.

Mistergoft- I didn't interpret what you said as a flame, thank you for your advice.

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:37 pm

keg411 wrote:ITT: One person I will beat on the curve this fall ;)
LOL don't bet your white Scion on it toots

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sat May 29, 2010 3:08 pm

andyman wrote:I'm asking these questions to satisfy my curiosity about transferring from the best school I'm qualified to attend atm. That takes into consideration that I'm a nj resident and ru ug alum. Even with more w.e. and a higher lsat score, my 3.0 ug gpa is still a considerable obstacle for getting into a T14. I am confident that I would increase my chances best for attending a t14 with hard work to compliment my classroom presence. If not, I'd be content woth Fordham. Worst case scenario I graduate from RU. Flame away
LULZ.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat May 29, 2010 3:14 pm

andyman wrote:
I don't own a white Scion, but I'll bet you $50 on it. Send me a message on facebook (I'm in the fb group) so I know who you are.

The questions are answered here without needing to post about it; it makes you come across as clueless, naive, and someone who goes to a school with the intent to transfer (which shouldn't be the case). There's no harm in reading these sections of the forum, but you have nothing to add and 1L's and 2L's are just going to mock you.

BTW, I really only come to the transfer forum to read about A'nold's story. I really hope he makes T14 :).

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sat May 29, 2010 3:32 pm

keg411 wrote:
andyman wrote:
I don't own a white Scion, but I'll bet you $50 on it. Send me a message on facebook (I'm in the fb group) so I know who you are.

The questions are answered here without needing to post about it; it makes you come across as clueless, naive, and someone who goes to a school with the intent to transfer (which shouldn't be the case). There's no harm in reading these sections of the forum, but you have nothing to add and 1L's and 2L's are just going to mock you.

BTW, I really only come to the transfer forum to read about A'nold's story. I really hope he makes T14 :).
I'm not sure if I'm going to RU yet - it all depends on how well I do on my LSAT next week. If I eff up, ill send you my info. If not, I'm gonna apply to a T1 next cycle and use whatever additional work experience I pick up this summer to my advantage.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat May 29, 2010 3:49 pm

Good luck to you on the re-take. I had a nice score bump myself (from a 162 to a 165). I think if you're asking transfer questions, TITCR is always "re-take and re-apply".

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sat May 29, 2010 4:29 pm

keg411 wrote:Good luck to you on the re-take. I had a nice score bump myself (from a 162 to a 165). I think if you're asking transfer questions, TITCR is always "re-take and re-apply".
Thx. Good luck 1L.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bigben

Silver

Post by bigben » Sat May 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Totally, you can transfer into a T14 with some decent grades. Check out the yahoo transferapps group. Also this is a good way to save some money, you can go to a lower ranked school on scholly then just transfer up to HYS after 1L.

jdhopeful11

Bronze

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sat May 29, 2010 6:16 pm

bigben wrote:Totally, you can transfer into a T14 with some decent grades. Check out the yahoo transferapps group. Also this is a good way to save some money, you can go to a lower ranked school on scholly then just transfer up to HYS after 1L.
Thanks ben. But doesn't your advice violate the FORBIDDEN RULE of not going into a law school with the intent of transferring?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sat May 29, 2010 8:02 pm

keg411 wrote:
andyman wrote:

Haha, thanks. :)

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Sun May 30, 2010 3:56 pm

andyman wrote:
bigben wrote:Totally, you can transfer into a T14 with some decent grades. Check out the yahoo transferapps group. Also this is a good way to save some money, you can go to a lower ranked school on scholly then just transfer up to HYS after 1L.
Thanks ben. But doesn't your advice violate the FORBIDDEN RULE of not going into a law school with the intent of transferring?
LOL.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”