Help A'nold think clearly......... Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
prezidentv8

Gold

Re: Help A'nold think clearly.........

Post by prezidentv8 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:39 pm

mistergoft wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
solidsnake wrote:As cheesy as it may sound: people are only limited by their beliefs...So go to work. Money never sleeps, pal.
Man, this is 100% truth. People are so often their own worst enemies. A'nold, get to work man.
Prez, any anecdotal evidence about how duke transfers did?
Nah, not a clue. If you're talking about their job search, off the top of my head the one transfer I know got an NLJ 250 firm in NYC. But that's about all I'm aware of. So that's one data point. Pertaining to transfer admissions, I don't have any knowledge whatsoever.

But hey, if you're cool, you should join us down in Durham. 8)

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:40 pm

A'nold wrote:Duke is one of the schools I'm hitting up, actually, as their transfer admits seem to be very scattered and unpredictable.

Anyone think Cornell is a possibility or does the already small transfer class eliminate a top 5-8%'er from a t3?
I think you've probably got a shot at the majority of the T14. Might not be a "probably" but definitely some solid "possiblies."

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:42 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
solidsnake wrote:As cheesy as it may sound: people are only limited by their beliefs...So go to work. Money never sleeps, pal.
Man, this is 100% truth. People are so often their own worst enemies. A'nold, get to work man.
Prez, any anecdotal evidence about how duke transfers did?
Nah, not a clue. If you're talking about their job search, off the top of my head the one transfer I know got an NLJ 250 firm in NYC. But that's about all I'm aware of. So that's one data point. Pertaining to transfer admissions, I don't have any knowledge whatsoever.

I am just trying to gauge what my options are, I can't decide whether it would be better just to stay put or take the plunge... We'll see.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:43 pm

mistergoft wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:

I am just trying to gauge what my options are, I can't decide whether it would be better just to stay put or take the plunge... We'll see.
Off-thread, but what's your situation?

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:47 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:

It's sort of against the lawl school code to be open about this, but I really don't care. Top ~7% at UF. Considering transferring but not sure where I can get in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:48 pm

mistergoft wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:

It's sort of against the lawl school code to be open about this, but I really don't care. Top ~7% at UF. Considering transferring but not sure where I can get in.
CCN, MVBP

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm

mistergoft wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:

Arright, well I know we have a couple UF transfers at Duke (I met em at some point), so people apparently have made the move. You probably have solid chances up through Columbia I would think. Maybe higher if you get lucky or are unique in some way. Guess you might as well toss out the apps and see what you get back?

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Wed May 26, 2010 9:55 pm

mistergoft wrote: I am just trying to gauge what my options are, I can't decide whether it would be better just to stay put or take the plunge... We'll see.
Search PKSebben's old threads. IIRC, he was ~top5% at UF and had a few t14 transfer acceptances in the bag.
Last edited by solidsnake on Wed May 26, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:55 pm

apper123 wrote:CCN, MVBP
I've got applications to: N, M, B, and P. I am a little skeptical about V, not that I wouldn't want to go, but with the whole residency thing. I don't want to waste too much money, I have little enough as it is. :| I was considering sending the last one to D instead of V.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:56 pm

solidsnake wrote:Search PKSebben's old threads. IIRC, he was top5% at UF and had a few t14 transfer acceptances in the bag.
PK and I talk pretty regularly, but he did a bit better than me and was ranked a bit higher. I fear that not being top 5% might injure my chances at the top schools.

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Wed May 26, 2010 10:03 pm

I think not applying to CCN (assuming you would go there) if you are top 7% at UF is a mistake.

I'm applying to CCN if I'm top 7%, and I go to a school ranked in the 80s.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Wed May 26, 2010 10:06 pm

apper123 wrote:I think not applying to CCN (assuming you would go there) if you are top 7% at UF is a mistake.

Maybe I'll throw an application to Columbia. We'll see. With Chicago's ED program I doubt they take many transfers outside of those that killed their first semester. Unfortunately, I bombed one class first semester.

Oh well.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Wed May 26, 2010 10:30 pm

A'nold - just wanted to let you know that I (your self doubt twin) got most of my grades back (A's) and am carrying a 3.94 so far. I look forward to going through this transfer cycle with you...Should be one hell of a ride.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu May 27, 2010 12:34 am

stinger35 wrote:A'nold - just wanted to let you know that I (your self doubt twin) got most of my grades back (A's) and am carrying a 3.94 so far. I look forward to going through this transfer cycle with you...Should be one hell of a ride.
Me too man. :) Congrats on your awesome semester!

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:14 am

apper123 wrote:I think not applying to CCN (assuming you would go there) if you are top 7% at UF is a mistake.

It will be interesting to see how things end up for us Apper, with such similar rankings and school-ranking-range. Of course, you have GULC to fall back on and I know its one of your top choices. Still.

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Thu May 27, 2010 2:14 pm

A'nold wrote:Thanks guys, and thanks solidsnake.

I do hedge but the problem (I guess) is that I usually believe what I say. I do have confidence problems that I'm trying to overcome. My wife and I are making a transfer list tonight and I get my final couple grades tomorrow, so it's game on.
Well, out with it, man! How did you do?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu May 27, 2010 2:22 pm

solidsnake wrote:
A'nold wrote:Thanks guys, and thanks solidsnake.

I do hedge but the problem (I guess) is that I usually believe what I say. I do have confidence problems that I'm trying to overcome. My wife and I are making a transfer list tonight and I get my final couple grades tomorrow, so it's game on.
Well, out with it, man! How did you do?
Ha, still not out yet, dang it!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:48 pm

Keep us updated A'nold! (Though I am sure they will be similar to 1st semester's)

[Side note: I am having so much trouble with my personal statement, I am honestly thinking about not even applying anymore....thats how damn frustrated I am with it. How's that for not thinking clearly]

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Thu May 27, 2010 3:44 pm

stinger35 wrote:Keep us updated A'nold! (Though I am sure they will be similar to 1st semester's)

[Side note: I am having so much trouble with my personal statement, I am honestly thinking about not even applying anymore....thats how damn frustrated I am with it. How's that for not thinking clearly]
I'll trade you my personal statement for your grades?

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:06 pm

stinger35 wrote:Keep us updated A'nold! (Though I am sure they will be similar to 1st semester's)

I was having a lot of trouble with mine; however, I glanced through MegaTTTron's thread and he gave me some good ideas, and now I have a working rough draft that I hope to finalize sometime tomorrow. Exciting.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu May 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Alright, just like the rest of my grades this semester, the last two were above median but not outstanding. Suck b/c I thought I absolutely crushed contracts, like there was no doubt walking out that I didn't get an A. Oh well.

Looks like I'm about top 8-10%, most likely top 8%.

T3, top 8% = the abyss. It's going to be a long summer haha.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Thu May 27, 2010 5:39 pm

A'nold wrote:Alright, just like the rest of my grades this semester, the last two were above median but not outstanding. Suck b/c I thought I absolutely crushed contracts, like there was no doubt walking out that I didn't get an A. Oh well.

Nonsense. You should be proud. Congrats. That's a huge achievement. Don't get down on yourself. You're done. No more stressing about grades, you are officially in the transfer zone now. Make some magic happen.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu May 27, 2010 5:42 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
A'nold wrote:Alright, just like the rest of my grades this semester, the last two were above median but not outstanding. Suck b/c I thought I absolutely crushed contracts, like there was no doubt walking out that I didn't get an A. Oh well.

Nonsense. You should be proud. Congrats. That's a huge achievement. Don't get down on yourself. You're done. No more stressing about grades, you are officially in the transfer zone now. Make some magic happen.
Thanks man. Tbh, that's where I am right now. For some reason I have a perma smile on my face. It wasn't a disaster and while I'm not at the tippy top, top 10% is always an achievement and I feel very proud of it. :) Definitely think top 8% at a t3 is a no-go for t14 but my reaches and targets are schools I would be very happy attending so I am still very excited. :)

Attucks

New

Post by Attucks » Thu May 27, 2010 6:12 pm

A'nold wrote:T3, top 8% = the abyss. It's going to be a long summer haha.
About as far from the abyss as possible for someone with your work ethic/career goals. Congratulations, man.

upgrade

Bronze

Post by upgrade » Thu May 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Are you going to apply to UT?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”