Live Nudes Pennoyer v. Neff and Palsgraff + Pierson v. Post Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
A'nold

Gold

Live Nudes Pennoyer v. Neff and Palsgraff + Pierson v. Post

Post by A'nold » Wed May 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Maybe some of my transfer friends (jerks) will now view my thread? :wink: 8) 8)

I think I will have the grades to give this whole thing a go, as I have received my LW grade (which was the most important class of the semester credit wise) and did very well. Here's the thing though: Grades will be out sometime within the next few weeks and rank will be out within the next month. Should I just wait to send all of the transcripts out after getting my rank around June 15ish, should I just wait until I get grades back within the next few weeks and then just update the schools with my rank, or should I just send them all out now and update the schools twice, one with grades and then later with rank?

I am not sure how much "applying early" helps, especially because you are not "complete" at least until second semester grades come out. Still, it would be nice to just fax or email them the grades and become complete ASAP. I will be sending Berkeley my first semester grades and rank due to the school's very early application deadline, but I'm still wondering how to go about the others.

What would you do/are you guys doing?
Last edited by A'nold on Wed May 19, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A'nold

Gold

Re: What is your plan?

Post by A'nold » Wed May 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Bump? I don't see how this hasn't received any responses.....aren't we all applying as transfers, lol?

stinger35

Silver

Re: Live Nudes Pennoyer v. Neff and Palsgraff + Pierson v. Post

Post by stinger35 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Sorry to leave you hanging my TLS friend. Here's a pretty similar post that I made that gives my plan of attack as well as a few others who replied.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=117335

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed May 19, 2010 9:05 pm

stinger35 wrote:Sorry to leave you hanging my TLS friend. Here's a pretty similar post that I made that gives my plan of attack as well as a few others who replied.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=117335
Thanks man. Stinger (although he actually was never on it, shhhhh) is the first off of my jerk list. :)

The Berkeley admissions office told me to send whatever ASAP and just update them. I later called another school and the person was all like "NOOOOOOOOOOOO! NEVER DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I was all "thanks" and then had to go change the underwear.

Journeybound

Bronze

Post by Journeybound » Thu May 20, 2010 12:50 am

So wait, if we are thinking about Berkley, we should get the stuff in now and email the grades later? I was just waiting until I get my grades back to see if they are good enough to allow me to send apps to Columbia and NYU, and maybe to Berkley. If not, I'm going to focus on Gtown's write on and do it in June. Seriously, I'm slacking big time, and it feels soooo good. lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Thu May 20, 2010 12:54 am

hahah +1 for the name of the thread. hahah. you bastard a'nold. tricked me.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu May 20, 2010 12:59 am

megaTTTron wrote:hahah +1 for the name of the thread. hahah. you bastard a'nold. tricked me.
Haha, no one was responding!

Journeybound: that's what they told me and that's what I heard from someone on the Berkeley transfer thread so I am about 100% that that's what they prefer. It doesn't seem like other schools universally prefer this method though, so I think I'm only going to do it for Berk.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:46 am

I am tempted to do that for Berk but am nervous to spend any money at all until grades come out. Getting outright dinged at UChi ED hurt my confidence.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu May 20, 2010 1:49 am

stinger35 wrote:I am tempted to do that for Berk but am nervous to spend any money at all until grades come out. Getting outright dinged at UChi ED hurt my confidence.
Eh, Chicago is notorious for crapping on non-t1 transfer applicants. I just said screw it and decided to not apply at all. It's nothing to do with you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Sat May 22, 2010 11:37 am

A'nold wrote:
stinger35 wrote:I am tempted to do that for Berk but am nervous to spend any money at all until grades come out. Getting outright dinged at UChi ED hurt my confidence.
Eh, Chicago is notorious for crapping on non-t1 transfer applicants. I just said screw it and decided to not apply at all. It's nothing to do with you.
Chicago has a tiny summer class. We're harder to get in to than Columbia--for some people (i.e., people in the 40-20 range toward the very top of the class) we're probably as hard or harder than Harvard, just as a result of class size.

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Sat May 22, 2010 12:08 pm

No live nudes :(

upgrade

Bronze

Post by upgrade » Sat May 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Getting dinged at UChicago may be a sign that things may turn out better at Berkeley. I'm not claiming to know that my rejection at Berkeley was a "yield protect"* type scenario, but they may have figured I was going to go elsewhere given my grades and geographical ties. I got into multiple T6 schools, but was rejected by Berkeley.

*I realize there is no "yield" to protect for transfer applicants, but given the compressed time line, it wouldn't surprise me that schools accept people they think are most likely to accept.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:12 pm

Just wanted to revive this a bit and ask if people have sent their stuff out yet. I am waiting for my transcript to get uploaded to LSAC (and maybe waiting for a 4th LOR) and finishing the tailoring on my statement and plan to send all of them out around 10th-14th area.

My official rank won't come out until at least July 1, so no sense waitin for that - I should be top 5% guaranteed so hopefully my school can put that in the letter of good standing or the schools take my word for it until then.

Am I submitting late/early, comparatively...just wondering.

Good luck to all again.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nahgems

Bronze

Post by nahgems » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:18 pm

I submitted already (although I don't have grades). For personal reasons, I'm trying to move to Philadelphia *and* looking for a part-time program. That limits me to Temple. Their deadline was June 1.

mstaten

New

Post by mstaten » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Sneaky bastard, you tricked me! :mrgreen:

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:25 pm

I am going to piggy back onto stinger's question. My ranking will come out around June 15th and I have already sent in the majority of my apps and everything else but my ranking and my Dean's Cert. I can kill two birds with one stone if I do all of this after June 15th. Should I wait to do this or is this too risky? Should I send the Dean's cert stuff now and then update the schools with my rank or should I just wait it out?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:48 pm

Bump. I really want to know what you guys think. Should I wait until June 15th to send in my Dean's Certs b/c of rank or should I send in the Certs now and then update the schools w/ my rank?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:49 pm

A'nold wrote:Bump. I really want to know what you guys think. Should I wait until June 15th to send in my Dean's Certs b/c of rank or should I send in the Certs now and then update the schools w/ my rank?
I sent in stuff in advance and followed up with rank once it was in.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:56 pm

PKSebben wrote:
A'nold wrote:Bump. I really want to know what you guys think. Should I wait until June 15th to send in my Dean's Certs b/c of rank or should I send in the Certs now and then update the schools w/ my rank?
Thanks PK. Did you send in official rank stuff or just tell them what it was? I don't want to bother the Dean's office lady b/c she gets really pissed off about even little things and asking twice in a matter of weeks will likely REALLY make her mad, haha.

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:32 pm

A'nold wrote:
PKSebben wrote:
Thanks PK. Did you send in official rank stuff or just tell them what it was? I don't want to bother the Dean's office lady b/c she gets really pissed off about even little things and asking twice in a matter of weeks will likely REALLY make her mad, haha.
I had my 1L school send sealed letters containing my class rank. I don't give a fuck about what Jo-Ann Crotchrot at the Dean's Office thinks. Fuck em' in the ear.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:41 pm

PKSebben wrote:
A'nold wrote:
PKSebben wrote:
I had my 1L school send sealed letters containing my class rank. I don't give a fuck about what Jo-Ann Crotchrot at the Dean's Office thinks. Fuck em' in the ear.
Would you send my Dean's Certs in before rank?

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:43 pm

I did everything ASAP -- I am pretty sure one school had decided on my app because I was admitted like a day after the received my rank. It's still rolling admissions and I'd want to get everything there pronto -- if you look good, they might waver on another app. I'm not sure I buy the "we don't consider your app until everything is complete" line in all cases -- especially transfer admissions where there are a bunch of hoops to jump through.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”