NYU app Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
newyorker69

Bronze

NYU app

Post by newyorker69 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:14 am

anyone submit their NYU app yet? it became available 5/1 and i submitted my app via LSAC 5/1 (same day it became available). the weird thing is that practically every school ive ever applied to requested my LSDAS report almost instantaneously but its now 5/18 and NYU has still not requested my LSDAS report. anyone else submit their NYU app yet and have any insight?

EggShellPlaintiff

New

Re: NYU app

Post by EggShellPlaintiff » Wed May 19, 2010 10:52 am

This is just speculation, but NYU's application requests that your undergraduate transcript be sent directly to them. Thus, they wouldn't need to go through LSAC to get that info.

newyorker69

Bronze

Post by newyorker69 » Wed May 19, 2010 3:44 pm

So that would mean they don't even care what your LSAT score was? Anyone apply to NYU yet?

EggShellPlaintiff

New

Post by EggShellPlaintiff » Wed May 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Hmm, you're right. That would leave the LSAT out - they don't ask for it anywhere else on the application. There is something odd about them receiving your college transcript twice though. Maybe they just don't care about LSAT? Unlikely, but possible. If you're really worried about it, it's probably best to call them.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed May 19, 2010 4:09 pm

I would like to know this as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

savetheturtles

New

Post by savetheturtles » Wed May 19, 2010 6:28 pm

According to this, "the Law School will request a report from LSDAS with your LSAT score and undergraduate transcript upon processing your Transfer application."

I agree, it's pretty odd that they want UG transcripts twice. I see the UG transcript form, but where on the app does it say that it must be sent directly from the school? Does the LSDAS report not satisfy the "official transcript" on the checklist?

EggShellPlaintiff

New

Post by EggShellPlaintiff » Wed May 19, 2010 6:49 pm

Yeah, same with the letter of recommendation form. Do we really need to send those forms for our professors to sign if they've already sent them through LSAC? I wish these applications would be a little clearer about the overlap. Cornell's is good about that - it says "if you have sent recs through LSAC you don't need to fill out this special form," or something to that effect.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed May 19, 2010 8:30 pm

I'll be watching this thread * :shock: * to get this answer......I don't want to be un-lazy and call myself.

newyorker69

Bronze

Post by newyorker69 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:27 am

columbia requested my report instantaneously (like every other app ive ever sent via LSAC). just worried something went wrong on my account.

can anyone who actually sent their NYU app already let me know if NYU has reqested an LSDAS report?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

traydeuce

Silver

Post by traydeuce » Sat May 22, 2010 12:33 am

Do you really think we need to keep the essay to one page? I have a nice little 3-pager I've been sending everywhere and I don't see how I can lose two thirds of it.

newyorker69

Bronze

Post by newyorker69 » Sat May 22, 2010 1:34 am

traydeuce wrote:Do you really think we need to keep the essay to one page? I have a nice little 3-pager I've been sending everywhere and I don't see how I can lose two thirds of it.
i used their guidelines because i dont want ANY reason to get dinged. however, i used a regular 2-page double-spaced PS and made it single-spaced (the app never said it had to be double). :lol: :wink:

traydeuce

Silver

Post by traydeuce » Sat May 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Oh mine is a 2 and 1/4 pager, single-spaced. I just don't see me rewriting that whole thing.

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Post by ZXCVBNM » Sun May 23, 2010 2:43 am

i emailed the admissions office and they want the undergrad transcript sent directly from the school to them. weird right? we all have are transcripts uploaded through lsac already. why get it again from the school directly?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Journeybound

Bronze

Post by Journeybound » Sun May 23, 2010 3:17 am

Traydeuce, if you can finnish a final exam one hour early and still set the curve, then you can easily rewrite your PS to fit within the one page limit. Haha. =p

traydeuce

Silver

Post by traydeuce » Sun May 23, 2010 3:34 pm

Personal statement writing isn't my thing. (I wonder why!) I spent months attempting to write the Georgetown one, scrapped a dozen ideas and drafts, and then finally this one came to me in a flash of insight two hours before the application was due. Actually, two hours before the gym closed, so I managed to write in it in an hour, send it in and make the gym. Anyway it could take me years before I think of another good one.

Journeybound

Bronze

Post by Journeybound » Sun May 23, 2010 4:03 pm

Haha! I'm sure you'll think of something.

mcastig4

New

Post by mcastig4 » Mon May 24, 2010 12:52 pm

Just received this from admissions. Hope it clears up any confusions.

"All supplemental documents should be sent directly to our office. Undergraduate transcripts, Law School transcripts, College Questionnaires and Law Certification forms sent to LSAC will not be considered "official" documents. Letter of recommendation may be sent via LSAC but all other documents must be sent directly from the institutions to the Office of Admissions."

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Mon May 24, 2010 1:52 pm

mcastig4 wrote:Just received this from admissions. Hope it clears up any confusions.

"All supplemental documents should be sent directly to our office. Undergraduate transcripts, Law School transcripts, College Questionnaires and Law Certification forms sent to LSAC will not be considered "official" documents. Letter of recommendation may be sent via LSAC but all other documents must be sent directly from the institutions to the Office of Admissions."
Well, this is pretty insane. Thanks for the heads up. Why do they even bother with LSAC then?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”