Last ditch efoort regarding Part-Time potential transfers... Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
stinger35

Silver

Last ditch efoort regarding Part-Time potential transfers...

Post by stinger35 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:32 pm

I am aware that this topic has been heavily discussed in a few different threads, including OS's wonderful list of which schools explicitly allow PT transfers, which explicitly don't, as well as their credit requirements. I have also contacted some notable transfers like Arrow about this subject. Still...

This is simply my last ditch effort to hopefully solicit some advice from a former part-time transfer. Before I spend upwards of $800 (my school even charges $25 for a letter of good standing as well) applying to many of the t14 schools, I would like to know if it is a complete waste of money, a concern obviously shared by many other PT'ers who have asked similar questions. Even if a poster out there simply has a friend who was PT and transferred to a t14, I would love to at least know it is possible. Hell, even some kind of anecdotal story or rumor would at least boost my spirits regarding the process.

Sorry again to those of you who have seen about 10 threads regarding PT transfers. Just figured since there was a complete forum now, I would give it one last shot before shelling out a ton of money.

Thanks.

ZXCVBNM

Bronze

Re: Last ditch efoort regarding Part-Time potential transfers...

Post by ZXCVBNM » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:39 am

I'm in the same boat as you. Lots of evidence from here and there but no one that actually has done it.

stinger35

Silver

Re: Last ditch efoort regarding Part-Time potential transfers...

Post by stinger35 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:01 am

ZXCVBNM wrote:I'm in the same boat as you. Lots of evidence from here and there but no one that actually has done it.
Received some great info recently - basically, people do it. It sounds like its on a case by case basis and your grades have to be pretty outstanding. Still, just knowing that it has been done really helped me out. Hopefully the same goes for you.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”