Loyola (LA) 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
didionye

New

Loyola (LA) 2013

Post by didionye » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:20 pm

So i have decided to go to loyola this fall. Anyone else going there? Is anyone going for the admitted students day on the 23rd?

dontworrybehappy

New

Re: Loyola (LA) 2013

Post by dontworrybehappy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:21 pm

I will be going to Loyola this fall too :)

And attending the Preview Day.

Do you know when we're getting our email addresses?

didionye

New

Post by didionye » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:29 pm

dontworrybehappy wrote:I will be going to Loyola this fall too :)

:lol: no i don't know when we are getting our email addresses. But it'll definately before registration.I waited so long to decide on loyola cos their scholarship sucked.Did you get a good offer from them?

dontworrybehappy

New

Post by dontworrybehappy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:00 am

didionye wrote:
dontworrybehappy wrote:I will be going to Loyola this fall too :)

:lol: no i don't know when we are getting our email addresses. But it'll definately before registration.I waited so long to decide on loyola cos their scholarship sucked.Did you get a good offer from them?
Not so much $, but it's close by my house, so I'm considering living at home. Also, I got into the evening division, which costs less. :-)

dontworrybehappy

New

Post by dontworrybehappy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:33 am

Does anyone know how to RSVP for the Preview Day?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

makebelieve

New

Post by makebelieve » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:23 am

yeah, go to http://blog.lls.edu/newadmits/, on the left of the page click on "campus tours and events", then click on admitted students. The Preview Day will be at the bottom of the page.

I'll be at the admitted students day. I'm 99% sure I'm going to Loyola but I'm waiting to hear back from Southwestern to see if they have an awesome package for me (i.e. Full Scholly). Where are you guys planning on living while going to Loyola?

didionye

New

Post by didionye » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:16 am

makebelieve wrote:yeah, go to http://blog.lls.edu/newadmits/, on the left of the page click on "campus tours and events", then click on admitted students. The Preview Day will be at the bottom of the page.

I'll be at the admitted students day. I'm 99% sure I'm going to Loyola but I'm waiting to hear back from Southwestern to see if they have an awesome package for me (i.e. Full Scholly). Where are you guys planning on living while going to Loyola?

Me too. I'm waiting on southwestern but they're taking their sweet time and the deposit for loyola is on the 30th. I'm hoping i can live at home to save some money though. Did your scholarship come with the top 30% stipulation too? that is giving me some cause to worry.

dontworrybehappy

New

Post by dontworrybehappy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Does anyone know about section groupings? Do they exist? Is that your section for all three years? Some details would be appreciated about their structure, etc.

matrix637

New

Post by matrix637 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:05 pm

I am also attending LLS this fall. I am moving there from Texas so it's kind of a big deal for me. Do you guys know of any affordable apartment complexes near the school?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

didionye

New

Post by didionye » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:17 pm

dontworrybehappy wrote:Does anyone know about section groupings? Do they exist? Is that your section for all three years? Some details would be appreciated about their structure, etc.
Section groupings does exist. For example and incoming class of 200 could be divided into 50 students for sections A, B, C, and D. I don't know if you are stuck with the same section for the whole three years, but i hope not.

didionye

New

Post by didionye » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:20 pm

matrix637 wrote:I am also attending LLS this fall. I am moving there from Texas so it's kind of a big deal for me. Do you guys know of any affordable apartment complexes near the school?
Culver city is a few mins drive to loyola and the prices there are affordable. i'll strongly advice against living in the downtown area of LA though. Not very safe

dontworrybehappy

New

Post by dontworrybehappy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:21 pm

makebelieve wrote:yeah, go to http://blog.lls.edu/newadmits/, on the left of the page click on "campus tours and events", then click on admitted students. The Preview Day will be at the bottom of the page.

Thanks! Just signed up.

My family lives in LA (by Pasadena) so I am thinking of commuting. But I still have not decided for sure.

didionye

New

Post by didionye » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:23 pm

dontworrybehappy wrote:

Thanks! Just signed up.

My family lives in LA (by Pasadena) so I am thinking of commuting. But I still have not decided for sure.
Which other schools are you considering?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

matrix637

New

Post by matrix637 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:27 pm

didionye wrote:
matrix637 wrote:I am also attending LLS this fall. I am moving there from Texas so it's kind of a big deal for me. Do you guys know of any affordable apartment complexes near the school?
Culver city is a few mins drive to loyola and the prices there are affordable. i'll strongly advice against living in the downtown area of LA though. Not very safe
Thanks for the advice. Is the area surrounding loyola really that bad?

didionye

New

Post by didionye » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:32 pm

matrix637 wrote:
didionye wrote:
Thanks for the advice. Is the area surrounding loyola really that bad?
Its really not that bad. But i personally would'nt want to live there. The school area itself is relatively safe because you have security patrolling frequently. But most of the apartments there are kinda run down.

dontworrybehappy

New

Post by dontworrybehappy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:34 pm

didionye wrote:
dontworrybehappy wrote:

Thanks! Just signed up.

I got money from Santa Clara but plan to practice in LA, so Loyola wins out for me. I still haven't heard from San Diego or Davis but Davis is probably a no-go and San Diego may be a consideration depending on how much money they give me (only because I love the beach).

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:38 pm

I am probably going to end up here. I am just scared bc the large scholarship they offered me has the top 30% stip. So does anyone know if they section stack?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

didionye

New

Post by didionye » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:42 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:I am probably going to end up here. I am just scared bc the large scholarship they offered me has the top 30% stip. So does anyone know if they section stack?
Mine came with the 30% stip too and is really bothering me. I called them today to ask the percentage of incoming students that get the same stip with their scholarship. The lady told me they dont give out that information. Either its the truth or she does'nt know what she's talking about. I spoke with someone at the admissions office and they said they dont stack their sections with all scholarship students or set their student up to lose their scholarships. According to them its a random selection process.

didionye

New

Post by didionye » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:43 pm

dontworrybehappy wrote:
didionye wrote:
dontworrybehappy wrote:

Thanks! Just signed up.

I got money from Santa Clara but plan to practice in LA, so Loyola wins out for me. I still haven't heard from San Diego or Davis but Davis is probably a no-go and San Diego may be a consideration depending on how much money they give me (only because I love the beach).
Did you get any money from loyola?

dontworrybehappy

New

Post by dontworrybehappy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:55 pm

Did you get any money from loyola?[/quote]

No

savesthedayajb

Silver

Post by savesthedayajb » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:55 pm

didionye wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:I am probably going to end up here. I am just scared bc the large scholarship they offered me has the top 30% stip. So does anyone know if they section stack?
Mine came with the 30% stip too and is really bothering me. I called them today to ask the percentage of incoming students that get the same stip with their scholarship. The lady told me they dont give out that information. Either its the truth or she does'nt know what she's talking about. I spoke with someone at the admissions office and they said they dont stack their sections with all scholarship students or set their student up to lose their scholarships. According to them its a random selection process.
I hope this is true. I didn't get a sizable scholarship anywhere else, and I want to practice in Los Angeles (taking Hastings and Davis out of the picture). Still on some WL at my top choice schools (UCLA, GULC, UVA) and still waiting to hear from USC. So if I dont get off the wait lists or into USC, I will be attending Loyola. Still need to visit, I would love to hear more great things about the school to get me excited :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dontworrybehappy

New

Post by dontworrybehappy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:49 am

Hey guys,

This is the list of our required courses http://reg.lls.edu/2008fall/documents/R ... mation.pdf

For peeps doing evening division, I'm a little nervous because I plan to transfer to full-time after 1L. Obviously there are less classes offered to the evening folks. I'm wondering if this will put me at any kind of disadvantage, though I heard there is summer school that you can take to catch up.

Arrow

Bronze

Post by Arrow » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:07 am

savesthedayajb wrote:
didionye wrote:
I hope this is true. I didn't get a sizable scholarship anywhere else, and I want to practice in Los Angeles (taking Hastings and Davis out of the picture). Still on some WL at my top choice schools (UCLA, GULC, UVA) and still waiting to hear from USC. So if I dont get off the wait lists or into USC, I will be attending Loyola. Still need to visit, I would love to hear more great things about the school to get me excited :D
I went to Loyola last year and I can tell you that my impression is that the sections are not stacked. They said during orientation that it is random save for very unusual circumstances (marriage, time conflicts due to illness or something big). Thus, I can personally attest to the fact that 1) I've met people on scholarships in every section, 2) I've met people with high numbers in just about every section, 3) every section had about the same number of like Ivy League students, and 4) I don't believe Loyola is the type of school that would secretly pull this to save money (and lie about it during orientation). Lastly, I doubt this has changed considering the integrity of the amazing Loyola faculty.

I hope this allays any fears. Congrats on the scholarships!

kissy

Bronze

Post by kissy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:54 am

A+*

:shock: :lol:

didionye

New

Post by didionye » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:03 pm

Arrow wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:
didionye wrote:
I went to Loyola last year and I can tell you that my impression is that the sections are not stacked. They said during orientation that it is random save for very unusual circumstances (marriage, time conflicts due to illness or something big). Thus, I can personally attest to the fact that 1) I've met people on scholarships in every section, 2) I've met people with high numbers in just about every section, 3) every section had about the same number of like Ivy League students, and 4) I don't believe Loyola is the type of school that would secretly pull this to save money (and lie about it during orientation). Lastly, I doubt this has changed considering the integrity of the amazing Loyola faculty.

I hope this allays any fears. Congrats on the scholarships!

It sure does. its been giving me nightmares. Thankx

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”